Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I installed a matched set of Tokico Illumina Shocks and Struts. Unfortunately, the front fender gaps are about 1/2" but the back are about 1". Both front and back were supposed to lower it by 1.75". Now it looks like the back is jacked up like the guys with old Nova's did back in the eighties. Is there a possibility that the springs could be switched?

I am thinking about changing my springs to H&R Sport Springs with the F/R drop of 1.75"/1.5". Will this give me the same problem?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Of course you can switch the springs. I have the illumina struts with neuspeed race springs. Your problem could also be that the springs were not mounted correctly inside the strut, I did that once. I did not compress the spring enough when I put them on the strut. I just took it apart, remounted, and everything was fine. What kind of springs do you have?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i dont know if this is the case, but on the eibach pro kit, it appears that the rear of the car is higher than the front. key word:appears. the fender lining is higher in the front or something liek that

·
Registered
500 Posts
corona on Feb/29/04 said:
go koni yellow and you can adjust the height.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think h&r's have been known to give an uneven drop as well.
I dont think that you can adjust the height with those man. When something says "adjustable strut" it means the stiffness/softness of the strut. My Illuminas are adjustable, but not height. The only way you can adjust the height is with either coilovers or airbags. height is affected my the spring, not the strut.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
corona on Feb/29/04 said:
go koni yellow and you can adjust the height.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think h&r's have been known to give an uneven drop as well.
There is no point of getting new shocks, his problem is not on the shocks, is probably on his springs not sitting properly... is like, saying change the entire house when only a water hose is broken.

You know on the shock, it has a "circular angled base" at the bottom? When you put on your spring, it might not have sat on it properly, so its like one coil higher. You should jack up the car and inspect that shock, just make sure it sits right. If everything is fine, THEN the problem might be somewhere else.

edited: in addition, if you are saying BOTH the rear is like jacked up, then it can be that you have the front/rear spring in the wrong place... usually longer spring goes to the back, shorter one goes to the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.