Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Neuspeed Sport springs/KYB AGX shocks and had the perfect 1 finger gap at all 4 corners. After 2000 miles, both front wheel gaps are lower than the rear. The drivers front is 3/4" lower than the rear and the passenger front is 1/2" lower than the rear. I called Neuspeed and they told me this is a bumpstop issue. The springs are designed to drop F- 1.75" and R -1.5" which gave me the even drop when I first installed them but Neuspeed said that with the 1.75" drop in front, the car is actually resting on the bumpstops and since my car is 7 years old, they are probably worn out. So the solution is to install new bumpstops? My question is, are you supposed to ride on the bumpstops (uncut as instructions state)? I thought they were there as a protective cushion for when you hit a bump. Anyone know the answer to this?

·
Registered
532 Posts
geeforce on Jan/30/06 said:
I installed Neuspeed Sport springs/KYB AGX shocks and had the perfect 1 finger gap at all 4 corners. After 2000 miles, both front wheel gaps are lower than the rear. The drivers front is 3/4" lower than the rear and the passenger front is 1/2" lower than the rear. I called Neuspeed and they told me this is a bumpstop issue. The springs are designed to drop F- 1.75" and R -1.5" which gave me the even drop when I first installed them but Neuspeed said that with the 1.75" drop in front, the car is actually resting on the bumpstops and since my car is 7 years old, they are probably worn out. So the solution is to install new bumpstops? My question is, are you supposed to ride on the bumpstops (uncut as instructions state)? I thought they were there as a protective cushion for when you hit a bump. Anyone know the answer to this?

Are you using your stock bumpstops? I wouldn't think its the bumpstop that is making your car have different wheel gaps... Even if they were riding on it because the bumpstops should be the same size and have the same characteristics. It could be a lot of things...

Things that come to mind:
1. Springs are not exactly the same rate so you have one spring that is stiffer or softer than the other.

2. Corner Weights are always different on each side of the car.

3. Springs will settle a little bit more after they have been used.

Did you measure the car before you installed the springs to find out what hte difference was?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are the original uncut bumpstops. Neuspeeds explanation only makes sense to me because the gaps were all perfect for 2 months of driving. The original bumpstops looked pretty flimsy too when I put them on the new shocks so maybe saying they are worn out is correct. I just never heard anyone else say this.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oakathletics1 on Jan/30/06 said:
well I have the same set up except I have Tokico Illuminas, and it came with bumpstops. I have the same problems as you. My drivers side has always been lower than the passenger side.
So if i get new bumpstops the problem will still exist? How long did it take until your drop became uneven? Was it when first installed or after the springs settled?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
codenamezero on Jan/30/06 said:
it's normal, our car doesn't come perfectly balanced all 4 corners. just install it, take it to the track or some wide open space and turn around and it will settle overtime.

Actually, that is exactly what I did and my perfect 1 finger gap at all 4 corners has disappeared as a result. I think I may try installing brand new OEM bumpstops in the front and see what happens. I just never thought that a spring manufacturer would design a spring that would require your car to sit on the bumpstops all the time. I thought they were only provided to protect the suspension from bumps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah my car was even at all corners at one point, but about a few days after it was installed, the driver side started getting lower, and the passenger side stayed the same. So I guess this is normal. You can live with it or get coilovers. I decided to buy a full coilover set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.