Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the hatch is leaking.. yay. rofl, anyways.. so i take out the hatch panels, etc.. get the hose and hose down the teg for a good 5-10 mins.. randomly checking for any leaks.. but i find none, now the confusing part is that about a week ago, hatch had water in it.. on the left (driver) and right(passanger) side ( more on the right.. ) there were puddles right behind the wheel well, but no aparent holes. i didnt see any water down in spare tire well either.. was just on the sides.. mainly soaked up by the carpet.. i checked the drain tubes, they were in and the whole area around them was dry so thats sorta a given that its not coming from them. checked the tail light gaskets, no visual site of any leaks.. the weatherstripping appears to be fine also..

going to just monitor it well when it rains next, but anyone ever run into this problem? anyone have any more ideas i could try or anything else to check?

any input is appreciated. thx.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a similar leak like that. Pull the panels off and spray water into your rear wheel wells. Apparently, there is a little vent behind the wheel wells that had a small crack in it. It was just enough to fill the hatch up with water while I was drving down the road. It drove me nuts because it never happened while the car was parked, only when i drove.

Another guess would be to double check your tail light gaskets, there have been numerous people around this site that had water in the truck and thier tail light gaskets seemed to be fine. As it turned out, they were no good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check your Tail light Seals i had the exact same problem. Take your back panel off, you may be able to see a little water thing going down the back of your inside of your car from the tail lights. Also take of your tail lights and see if they are getting water inside of them.

I searched for ever and finally relized it was that the whole time on my G3. The gaskets are kind of spendy. Like 30 dollars each is what Acura quoted me. or you can do silicon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.