Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys had experience with ultimate amps? i found what seems to be a hella good deal on this, and it seems to blow the piss outta the profile and crunch amps i was lookin' at, but lemme know what you guys think k? thanks a lot

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ULTDT2800

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've looked at audiobahn, but i haven't seen one for a price as reduced as in the link i've shown..do you know a place that has something good for the 250 and under price range? im looking for 200x2 rms

oh, and hey Z, how do you think the ultimate compares to profile or crunch? i have a couple of friends that have had experiences with profile, and they say go with that..but neither have much to say on ultimate, so what do you think?

·
Registered
385 Posts
i have been a serious audiophile for 15 years..and have had over 5 car audio "systems" ...the only amp I have never blown up and have had no problems with, as well have experienced exceptional sound quality is Zapco..they are hands down the best out there..I have had...PPI, Soundstream, MTX, Pheonix Gold, Alpine, Sherwood, a/d/s, and Hi Fonics....all blew up or were not as good as the Zapco's..(which by the way have been throwing out 2 kilowatts for over 3 years)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
indy23 on Aug/16/02 said:
i have been a serious audiophile for 15 years..and have had over 5 car audio "systems" ...the only amp I have never blown up and have had no problems with, as well have experienced exceptional sound quality is Zapco..they are hands down the best out there..I have had...PPI, Soundstream, MTX, Pheonix Gold, Alpine, Sherwood, a/d/s, and Hi Fonics....all blew up or were not as good as the Zapco's..(which by the way have been throwing out 2 kilowatts for over 3 years)
you've destroyed all those amps?
i wouldn't say its something wrong with all those brands, i would look in other directions...

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you're messing up all those amps then something has to be wrong. What are you doing to kill all those different usually hi quality amps?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
actually, rereading that reply: "blew up or didnt sound as good"

well, sound is super subjective, any any amp other than the sherwood is not very "blow up prone" (good god, i have seen one of those "bulletproof" amps leave a smoke screnn)....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, but i still need more opinions on amps i can actually afford...it'd be nice to get an rf amp or something, but ultimate, crunch, and profile seem to be the only ones i can afford right now. any opinions on these????

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
affordable? autotek supersport ss400.4 or ss400.2. ss400.4 is 159 at frys if you can even find any in stock. if all else then perhaps power acoustik. those are as low as i would go. dont buy the others. save up. thats the only thing you can do.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i'll tell ya bro....i was in the same position as you, i needed a nice amp to power my single 10" Audiobahn Flame-Q....after lookin at everything, i went to best buy and picked up a Fosgate Punch 400S...its been about 3 months and everythings nice other than the fact i think i built my box wrong...but thats another day, and another post. Fosgate seems to make a good product, although not the cheapest...im satisfied.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey Z so do you think i should go for the ultimate amp, the crunch, or the profile??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
ugh please dont. how much are you looking at, 120,150? save up another 50 or so, you wont regret it. i got my jbl bp600.1 for 100 used. [email protected] runs great. pretty much any mono amp should suit you.

profile- laughing stock. roadgear/roadrage/roadmaster/kraco etc- same. crunch- pretty funny too. you arent just paying more for a name, youre also paying for reliability, reputation, quality etc.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
i agree.. save up a little bit more and get a mid-line amplifier...

you have already waited this long, why not wait just a little bit more and get good equipment?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i'm pretty set on this bazooka mono amp pushing 350 @4 and 500 @2, what do you guys think of that one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts