Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what reason the original dealer of my integra decided to put their name on the paint.. It is just above the acura symbol on the hatch. What is the best way to remove a heavy duty sticker without peeling the paint off of my car. Please Help!

thanks,
skilly

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
u can use a heat gun, but dont hold it in one area, move it around in the area of the sticker and not to close to the paint... should work, another member here on T-I had the same issue with decals and he used a heat gun and they came off so try it might take a little long but it will work .

·
Registered
289 Posts
ive got the same problem! The place the original owner bought mine was some place called Clair motors (or something like that) in Mass. The damn thing is on there good and i dont like having the name CLAIR above and below the "ACURA" on the hatch..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I actually peeled mine off with my fingernails and then gave the car a good wash, clay bar and wax. There was no hint of adhesive of sticker left. You might also try a little goo-gone to loosen it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
When i bought my car, it had the dealership sticker on the back. I said to the dealer.."So how much do i get off of my car payment for endorsing and advertising your dealership on the back of my beautiful new car?" So i had them take it off right there before i bought the car.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
JeRsEyLoon on Feb/15/04 said:
When i bought my car, it had the dealership sticker on the back. I said to the dealer.."So how much do i get off of my car payment for endorsing and advertising your dealership on the back of my beautiful new car?" So i had them take it off right there before i bought the car.
Hahaa, thats how you do it..

·
Registered
59 Posts
one of the easiest ways is using a high pressure washer found at any self car wash places, then just take some paint thinner over the residue. really easy and thats what i do at the detail shop--doesnt hurt paint

·
Registered
243 Posts
be careful though, if your car is older (you never specifyed) and some of the paint is fading, taking the sticker off will leave a discolored patch of paint because it has never been exposed to the sun.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
You think that's ugly?

When I bought my car, it had a freakin' windshield banner! "ACURA CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED" on the front. The absolute first thing I did after I got the car was rip that thing off. I mean at the dealership, didn't even wait to go home.

·
Registered
99 Posts
"sem solv" is what we used to use to remove adhesive from paint -when i was working at a car dealership. it is safe for paint, well, safer than paint thinner or xylene at least.

BTW -if you ever buy a new car from a dealer and they have to order it from the factory. tell them not to touch it or prep it after it comes off the truck. That way you get a car with no stupid stickers on it. plus it has all of the factory installed protection like plastic seat covers, floor covers, steering wheel, roof, hood... then you get to unwrap your new car like a present plus most dealerships have a bunch of delinquents in the new car prep department -trust me, i was one of them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.