Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a p75 non vtec ecu (94 ls) im looking at chipping it for uberdata and modifying the ecu for vtec support but im not going to use vtech i was going to use the vtec points to activate my nitrous dose anyone know the voltage of the signal that goes to the vtec solinoid or is it just a square wave signal? in kinda new to the whole honda tuning. oh and will this throw a light (cel)

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
you can disable cel wit uberdata. Hondata is a way better option. Uberdata has a lot to be desired. I have used both(I tuned my uber) a buddy tuned my hondata. The ease of use with hondata, and flexibility with tuning is so much greater.

pgmfi.org i believe is the site which shows how to make a p75 into a VTEC ecu.

And 100000 people are about to rag on your spelling, just so ya know.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
VTEC (Not Vtech the phone) Utilizes cam profiles to engage an additional set of lobes. Since you don't have these on your LS (nor the solenoid) Using "VTEC" points of a fuel or ignition map is rather useless because the ignition and fuel timing is different.. Just tune the car based upon the cams you're going to use.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
he wants the vtec engagement to trigger nitrous, altho youd have a better effect, and be less limited just using the WOT nitrous engage. That and no hassle internally modding your ecu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks meltman, thats what i was looking for, im a computer tech i have no issues with modding my ecu and yea the spelling i was out of it at work this morning when i typed that and i know and as far as the fuel maps changing i want them too so i can stay as close to 11.8-12.0:1 (oh yea i have a wot switch on my nitrous now and on the dyno i guess the guy haddent used a wot switch without a window switch and umm yea he smacked it wide open at 2krpm and it sprayed... puddled, nitrous backfire, big boom and my air filter shot off.... scared the living **** outta me)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.