Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup folks? I've been busy with my teg...
But just tonight, i've finally finished my antenna relocation, since i wasn't in the mood of sanding my JDM fenders and bumper...

I've seen many people relocate their antenna behind the rear mirror, or somewhere on the rear hatch glass. But i've found a way and hidden mine under the headliner near the rear windshield washer nozzle! Then i feed the wires through the driver side c-pillar cover! The reception is surprisingly clear, just like stock.

The flat/hidden antenna i used is one that i purchased off ebay, that they labeled "AutoLoc Hidden Antenna", it has a built in booster i think... the wires are just long enough to go all the way back to the stock antenna location haha... so i just have to plug it right in, and tap into the stock antenna 12v to feed the booster.

There is enough space to mount something size of a chocolate bar right behind the rear nozzle UNDER the headliner, and once closed, it looks like stock.

I took a couple of pictures with my cellphone, but i don't have my laptop to upload it. Soooo pictures tomorrow. :)

I wonder if anyone done this? Or am i TI first. :D

Pictures with description
1) Pull that rubber trim off so u can pull the headliner down a little
2) Put your antenna
3) Close your headliner back

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
hey sweet! thats what i did with mine too... i had to do it last year when the car wash thingy broke and fell on the back of my car. it was scary... lol... but then i haddddd to have my radio, so i went to autozone and picked up the same antenna and put it inside the headliner too... its so nice and flat that it fits almost perfectly...

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FacetheNoise on Oct/31/07 said:
Did you just connect the wires to the old antennas wires?

Yes, as you can see from one of the picture, i passed them through the pillar, and is covered up by the stock panel.

Antenna plug -> OEM antenna plug
12v feed -> OEM antenna power source (tap in the wire)
Ground -> anywhere you like (or tap in OEM ground)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.