Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the K&N Typoon air a little while ago, that is the only mod I have for right now. I just wanted to say that It's crazy, I knew what to expect from an intake but shhheiit, this beast is loud. it hits it way harder. i like it. So if you're looking for an intake check out the Typoon air.

·
Registered
743 Posts
you know, I looked at that. Im not one to BUY intakes, but my buddy is torn between an AEM CAI or that typhoon.

Does the typhoon go all the way down to the bottom of the fenderwell like the AEM ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its only "cool" air intake if you get the extension. but when I did my intake myself, i noticed in taking off the stock air box, that the oem intake has a tubing going all the way to the bottom, behind the transmission i think. with the typhoon air (not extended) it perfectly reaches right on top of that open tubing, basically sucking the air from the bottom anyways... tell your friend not to get too hung up over intakes, the way i figured it was this: AEM is a K&N filter with a tubing that says "AEM" they're the same, they don't add too many horses either way. 2-3 if even.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Napoleon on Sep/09/02 said:
but when I did my intake myself, i noticed in taking off the stock air box, that the oem intake has a tubing going all the way to the bottom, behind the transmission i think. with the typhoon air (not extended) it perfectly reaches right on top of that open tubing, basically sucking the air from the bottom anyways...
Uh, do you really want to know where that tube goes?

·
Registered
743 Posts
That rendering actually makes it look simple. The factory intake tract is a bag of snakes, lol. I remember jerking all the duct work, It was like putting a jigsaw puzzle together when i was showing some buddies how it was in there. It all surved its orignal purpose though, it was quiet!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, i've been wondering where that beast went. i hope i didn't go to far as to say it still sucks cool air. sorry about that. any how i just left the tubing there, it seems to me-call me crazy but its better than nothing.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah cool air isn't all that. It's good for the few extra HP but still an intake like K&N's is much better than that mangled mess of a stock intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts