Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GSR. I recently located a brand new in the crate from japan Type R trans. The dude is asking $1800 cash. I'm going FI soon, so I know I need to upgrade to an LSD trans (which i'm pretty sure the Type R is, right?), but i'm not sure of the price. would i be better off getting an LSD put in my current trans, or get the brand new Type R unit? Any suggestions on which path I should go?

·
Registered
246 Posts
if you are goin turbo go with a LS tranny with GSR 5th and final drive....if all motor or sc go with the ITR or B16A tranny from the si....they have the same ratios and the si tranny will be cheaper even if you go with a aftermarket lsd...also the ITR lsd isn't like a drag lsd...it locks only 65%....try the kaaz and you will be happy

·
Registered
693 Posts
Kaaz=CHEAP as all hell ! 1800$ for a brand new in the crate ITR tranny is not bad at all !! ITR= much shorter gear ratio.

835$ for the Quaife and any other crappy ass LSD just aint worth it if ya want LSD there is only but one...QUAIFE ! For Drag/Auto-X does not matter !
Sure the others will work and are cheaper...But who beats Quaife's gurantee ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts