Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Has anyone installed a Type-R throttle cable and bracket on a GSR TB/Skunk2 Manifold? I was advised that is all I need to re-position the throttle cable. How complicated is the install?

·
Registered
296 Posts
well...there are a couple things that could be considered brackets. Which one are you referring too.(the acura dealer i got my parts from the first time sent me the bracket thats on the strut tower(wrong one totally).It tooka couple times and a few diagrams to actually show the guy that ordered my parts for me at work which one i needed.

There is a little bronzish/gold looking one that you HAVE to have to attach to the skunk2 IM or else you can't tighten the cable. I'm not sure aobut how the cable hooks up to the gsr TB,I would think that it would be a little bit backwards since the gsr cable comes in from the complete opposite direction?I could be wrong about that one though

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its the small bracket that attaches to the skunk2 IM. I'm just not sure how to install the cable though and the dealer said they won't install it. Are you using a GSR TB on a skunk2 IM?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nah, I got a TB made for an itr so it was rather easy to just hook it up...thats why i'm not sure about how to hook up the cable to the gsr TB because it has that extra bracket that is actually hooked up to the TB itself.

Which parts of the install are you unclear about? Have you gotten it hooked up to the pedal yet?So is it just the hook up to the throttle that is giving you problems?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts