Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i have read all the posts about the cons and pro's of the type r rear swaybar on a non r. i know the options are the comptech tiebar or a BSQ kit to avoid the swaybar ripping out of the chassis. the difference in the two pricewise is extreme. i would like to go with the tiebar but i am wondering is the BSQ works fine. has anyone had anyproblems with the BSQ kit and the type r swaybar?? basically what i am wondering is, is the BSQ kit just as safe?? has anyone with the BSQ kit had anyproblems?? it also seems to me that the comptech tie bar would help in reducing flex more than just the BSQ kit. does this make sense to anyone else or is this just me?? i am purchasing this for autox if that helps any.

just going over my two options before i shell out the cash.
Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have the Comptech tie bar (only $175 it you buy it alone) with the ITR sway bar mounted and I really like it, plus it's a lot cheaper than Comptech's full kit, although you lose out on the adjustable endlinks.

There's a third option at http://www.beaksproducts.com. This guy sells something similar to the BSQ kit, but it's machined out of aluminum, and has a matching piece that fits on the backside of the sheetmetal. It's $60, so it's between the BSQ kit and the Comptech bar.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Lower your car first alex, with those rims, that would look so money

Or are you getting ready for our next AutoX? Bwahahahah

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i too would like to know, cuz i have the GSR front sway bar on the way, and soon to be getting the ITR rear sway bar.

btw..i already have a rear tie bar (neuspeed tho)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i have the ITR rear sway bar with the BSQ mounting kit. i've had it for only about six months now but haven't had a problem with it yet. i freaking love that stuff. the best money i EVER spent on my car!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
dwolsten on Sep/12/02 said:
I have the Comptech tie bar (only $175 it you buy it alone) with the ITR sway bar mounted and I really like it, plus it's a lot cheaper than Comptech's full kit, although you lose out on the adjustable endlinks.

There's a third option at http://www.beaksproducts.com. This guy sells something similar to the BSQ kit, but it's machined out of aluminum, and has a matching piece that fits on the backside of the sheetmetal. It's $60, so it's between the BSQ kit and the Comptech bar.
i've seen the bear kit too. it looks really solid but i've heard that they're the biggest ***** to install. can't speak from personal experience. bret who makes and sells the BSQ kits says that he's had his ITR rear sway bar with his kit forever and he's had no problems with it so far. by the way, i believe he autoX's quite frequently...

·
Registered
86 Posts
BSQ said nobody has ever had any problems with the kit. I think he has had it for three years with no problems. If you want less flex the tie bar will do it, the kit is just to reinforce your subframe so it won't tear out,it does not improve flex.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The adjustability of the Comtech unit might come in handy for autocross and it is a nice unit. If you want an even bigger rear bar check here - this bar would probably work well for autocross.
I have the ITR 22mm bar on my GS-R with all ITR bushings and ITR bushings on the front bar with stock rims/tires and the rear will only step out if I push hard into a turn and then lift. This is not a gentle process - it has to be forced. I would prefer more rotation. Check my profile for my other mods. I have the old style Comptech lower brace.
With the mount kit - the Beak's looks better (more area) you could use any of the Mugen bars for either ITR or GS-R. I believe the Mugen ITR bars don't come with the reinforcement kit.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The Mugen rear swaybars come w/ a reinforcement kit.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
From what the ipsracing site says.....both kits come w/ the reinforcement hardware.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
link to where this quote came from

SurferX on Nov/05/02 said:
What springs/shocks do you have?

If you're running a 22mm rear bar on the stock suspension not even the BSQ kit will not save you.

If you look at the spring spec article you see the Type R's springs are beefed up a good amount in the rear. Even on a Type R subframe, something would have torn out using a regular Integra suspension.

In 4+ years that these threads have existed, i'm sure this kit has been installed on setup similar to my currently planned setup:
stock suspension/ITR bar/bsq kit for reinforcement.

Surferx said that it's not a good idea, but some others have tried it anyways.

Have these still been holding up good even under auto-x, track use?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
the reason for saying the BSQ/ITR bar/ stock suspension is a less-than-optimal set up is because due to the lower spring rates and softer dampers the bar and the subframe have to work harder to counteract body roll. Basically the suspension itself is very limited in terms of what it can handle.

If you are planning to buy the ITR bar, reinforcement is a must, regardless of the suspension on the car. If you intend to use the stock Integra suspension though Comptech / ASR is the oNLY way to go.

Replacing a subframe is not an easy or cheap process, so in order to completely take that off the table, you need significant reinforcement. If you plan to do any type of "spirited driving" especially autoX the extra cost is well worth IMHO.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
yah, i've been looking at the comptech tie bar for reinforcment as well. Trying to decide if the BSQ would be adequte but from just looking at the two (you can't really have numbers on this), the comptech seems to spread the force over a bigger area.

And after more thought, i might go with it. I wanted the BSQ because it draws less attention underneith the car but if the comptech is that much more superior, i'll get it.

Racing puts a lot of stress on the car and i might as well minimize that stress as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
hpracing007 on Dec/13/06 said:
Racing puts a lot of stress on the car and i might as well minimize that stress as much as possible.
That is definately true, I cannot stress enough just how much more it really iscompared with a daily driver. As for the attention it'll grab, unless you want to flat-black it, it's somewhat unavoidable.
Think of it this way, your car will handle so well that it's going to get attention anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts