Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 integra ls I was wondering if a 2001 type r front sway bar will fit my car.If it does what would the difference in thickness be?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It can fit your car, but you would need a mounting kit to prevent any subframe tear-out.

Brett "BSQ" makes a cheap and high quality kit, check it out BSQ Page!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yes it will, but it will just increase understeer, that is not good. Focus on other aspects of your suspension in order to increase it's agility.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the rear swaybar is thicker and willincrease oversteer not understeer. The front swaybar is the same. Those of you looking to get a bigger FRoNT swaybar will cause more understeer should you go that route unless you play around with the castor, toe out, and tire comprounds (front vs back). Most North American suspension setups do not opt to go for the stiffer front swaybar to rotate the car. The Japanese however do use this method with the methods I listed. The BSQ mounting kit for the rear ITR bar onto a GSR or LS is very good.

·
Registered
408 Posts
thickness of the rear one on an ls is 13mm, itr is 22mm and 800% stiffer. i have one on my car. flip the existing brackets so raised part is towards middle of the car. then it bolts right in. there's an article somewhere about it... awesome mod. my car is so flat in the corners and so responsive. do it!!

the sizes are the same on all models for the front bar. they usually come beefy because of the extra weight in the front (i.e. engine, drivetrain, people)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts