Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the type r spoiler and the gsr spoiler have the same holes? Like do they match up or do new holes need to be drilled..? Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
u dont have to drill a hole but there will be an extra hole because in the gsr spoiler they have a light and because of the wires they need the whole. and with the type r spoiler they dont have a light. If you get an aftermarket type r spoiler with a light it usually bolts up the same but if its a real type r spoiler without the light then there will be an extra hole. but im not sure maybe someone mite clarify or something.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No they do not match up. take it from someone who put on an aftermarket type R wing with Led. You have to drill new holes and cover two old ones. Be prepared for expense. Not sure if the OEM Type R wing will need to be drilled however.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do need to drill new holes will the type r spoiler cover up the holes that the gsr spoiler needed?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I think crash already answered that...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I have an aftermarket Type-R wing w/LED and it fit the stock holes. My Teg was previously wingless, but I just drilled out what were clearly the stock holes, plus one extra for the wires and it bolted up perfectly. Of course, with aftermarket wings, you never know how it's going to bolt up; I just got lucky and got one that fit the stock holes. A genuine Type-R wing should bolt up the same as stock too.

b18cya put a genuine Type-R wing on his GS-R and I believe it fit the stock holes, but there's an extra hole on each side that the stock wing covered but the Type-R wing doesn't. You might want to ask him, but I'm pretty sure it fit the stock holes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a type-R wing with LED from honda of Japan, the real wing and it bolts straight up and in. There are no problems. So if you want to do it right, get one from Japan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a type R replica and the holes did not match. But the spoiler cover the old holes. I just put some selant from the inside and nobody can tell the difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the real type r wing bolts up clean with 2 posts on each side.. unfortunately it leaves 2 more open holes on the inside of the spoiler meant for the gs-r spoiler LED light.

·
Registered
310 Posts
born2speed on Aug/07/02 said:
I have a type-R wing with LED from honda of Japan, the real wing and it bolts straight up and in. There are no problems. So if you want to do it right, get one from Japan.
Where did you get yours? I know you said Japan, but did you get it from a website or what? If so, what's the url? thanks.
-Ep

·
Registered
404 Posts
EpsilonGSR on Aug/07/02 said:
Quote: born2speed on Aug/07/02I have a type-R wing with LED from honda of Japan, the real wing and it bolts straight up and in. There are no problems. So if you want to do it right, get one from Japan. Where did you get yours? I know you said Japan, but did you get it from a website or what? If so, what's the url? thanks. -Ep
Actually my friend lived in Japan for a few years and brought it back for me as a gift. It was pretty cool, I didn't realize it was anything special until you look at the bottom side of the mounting points and it says Honda of Japan. I can ask my friend if there is a possiblity of getting another if you would like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts