Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Acura for the fact that it was cheap and easy to mod and maintain....but I bought a Type R...and now I see that my shock options are small...or am I wrong?? Any one can help me??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have u even looked around shopping for shocks to make such a statement - from Koni's to to the top of the line coilovers - there are plenty to chose from.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Type Rs are far from cheap to mod out, the right way that is. Depends on what springs your using, i'm using H&R Sports w/ stock shocks and work perfect. I would recommend either H&Rs or sp00n springs, stock shocks. But if you must get new shocks, Koni Yellows. Or just save up and get coilovers for a $1000, worth it if your gonna change the springs and shocks anyway.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
No your options aren't small, but it's hard to recommend anything when the only thing you've told us is that you are looking for new shocks. I'd just say stock in that case.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, when I look up Integra shocks, all of them say "except Type R" I know the rear is different and the front is the same as other Integras. When I say shock options is it obviously that I don't want STOCK. Stock bounces around too much with the Eibach springs on the car right now. I try not to talk out of my a$$ when I state something..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well if you're looking into Koni's - you could get either Reds or Yellows. Koni does make Yellows specifically for the ITR but for the Reds you have to mix and match - get the Integra front shocks and the 88 Civic/CRX rear shocks since the 88 CRX's used the same lower control arm. However, the ITR springs are stiffer than both the GSR/LS/RS springs and the Civic/CRX springs so you would have to stiffen up the Reds before the installation - more in the rear though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You welcome - since I have an ITR setup on my GSR I have been also shopping around for better shocks as well. If you're going to keep your OEM springs then the Reds should be able to handle the spring rate with no problem plus they are much less expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts