Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched through the forums for this and couldnt find the answer i was looking for. it seems that the shock set up on the rear of the integra type r is suppose to be better then say the ls or gsr for that matter. is that something you could up grade to and is it worth it/simple to do? im getting the type r rear sway bar and tie bar in about a week and was curious if i could just change the rear completely over to type r(minus the five lug conversion)any info is greatly apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I really don't see how the shock set up can be any better than the non type R's since all it does is mount the spring and is held together by the bolt through the LCA arm.

However, I know that to fit ITR shocks into a non ITR, you must use the ITR Lower Control Arms, which are a beefier unit than all other Integra LCA's.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Our Type R suspension article says how different the ITR shocks are from the the regular Integras.

Increases in stiffness

Front
Compression (bound): 115%
Rebound: 70%

Rear
Compression (bound): 66%
Rebound: 31%

And like said before you will need ITR LCA's in order to fit ITR shocks. You can see from these pictures just how different the rear chassis is. You also better be getting a mounting kit for that ITR sway bar. As you can see the mounting location on the regular Integras isn't up to the task of a 22mm sway bar.

GS-R

Type R

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mounting kit for the sway bar is on its way...i cant wait to install it... yea i read the type r articles but i couldnt see how the shocks are mounted differently... i remember seeing on here somewhere how low the type r is compared to the ls or gsr correct me if im wrong but dosent the type r sit about an inch lower? my last question on this subject is weather or not the type r mounting system for the rear shock is that much better then the rest of the tegs and worth upgrading to? all the help you guys give me is greatly apreciated...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts