Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ACURA RALLY CAR WOW !! THis thing is Hot with a capital H! I dont know the spec on it though. Got it from VWVORTEX.COM becaue i might buy a 2002 1.8T Jetta. Notice the the air dam on the HOOD

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
ahhh...a 1997 Type-R running around in the backyard! what a beautiful sight!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think that air dam is how the drivers get air

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yummy

·
Registered
404 Posts
i would love to own that... i want to get into rally racing when i get older(only 19 right now) and when i do i know i will have a teg for the car..

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
The Type R is a great car.....but it is FWD, not RWD or AWD like a lot of the rally competitors you see in the SCCA and WRC.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
how well does that work for rallying? (fwd that is)... it doesn't seem as practical?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well if im not mistaken a gti is RWD and there are tons of those out there rallying.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The SCCA has a FWD class, so hopefully it's kicking @ss there.Speed Channel shows the races.

I'd much rather see an R on a paved course, but it's good to see the R taking it to the dirt I guess, diversifying it mud style.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I take it you either went to the Maine State Forrest Rally or found that pic on the ME Forrest Rally web page. one of my friends from home goes every year. A true rally dork. His WRX, however, doesn't leaving the parking lot...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I use to watch Speed Vision often. It was mighty cool to watch the Type Rs spank the BMW M3s (E36). The M3s would take the Type Rs up hills and in straight lines (big surprise) but as soon as they got in the tight stuff, the Type Rs would lay the smack down.

Also, according to my friend who was at the ME Forrest Rally, Type Rs are the fastest in their class (what class that is, I don't know).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts