Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my question is im getting some type r pistons to go in my ls block. Im going to need some rings how much they run by. What else will i need done to my ls block. Will i need diffrent rods or can i modifey my ls rods. And am i going to have to do anything to the head. And is it recomened to bore my cylinder and how much will all of this setup cost.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
quote by MD on a past thread:

"for Bseries engines:

general rule 1: any model with an R ending in the name (except for SiR, since an SiR IS an Si) means that the pistons can fit on the rods between models...eg. ITR piston can fit on a GSR rod. GSR piston can fit on a CTR rod. The rods can fit on the respective R cranks.

general rule 2: any engine without an R in the name can have their pistons, rods, cranks swapped between them with minor clearance adjustments to clear the crank in the block. SO for example, an LS rod can accept a Civic Si piston or B20 piston.

general rule 3: you cannot swap between rods and cranks from an R group to a non-R group. The big end of the rod have different sizes when they attach to the crank. For pistons, to get an R group piston onto an non-R group rod, you must mill the small end of the nonR group rod by 0.7mm one either side."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts