Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 gs with 169 k mi. and i wanted to either custom the engine now with a turbo, intercoler, intake all the works or i was thinking of dropping a type R engine in it. which one would be a better deal and/or cost the cheapest?

·
Registered
523 Posts
if you are takling about stock internals then go for the type r. If you were talking about rebuilding and then turbo then do that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so lets say i do a turbo and not the type R... what would u suggest in the type of turbo, because i'd think the bigger the turbo and miles on my car, it wouldnt be good... so should i just get like a stage 1-2 turbo? what do u suggest?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
you have to rebuild then engine if you go turbo no way around it with that many miles the plus is once you rebuild you engine its brand new again plus stroger than when it was brand new i say rebuild and turbo that mofo and you wont be dissapointed by the spool up sound and blowoff valve if you smell what the roc is cooking

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
unc1127 on Sep/01/02 said:
so should i just get like a stage 1-2 turbo? what do u suggest?
My suggestion would be not taking performance advice from a video game. Gran Tourismo is cool and all but there's much more you need to research before getting into something like this. Your first step will be either a rebuild of your current engine or maybe swapping out your current engine for a newer B16A and turboing that. Costs of engine rebuilds depend on who is doing it and what actually gets done. You'll need to contact some local shops for pricing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
build an ls turbo....you won't be dissappointed! i wish i would have went that way insted of vtec!!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
soon2bvtec92 on Sep/01/02 said:
build an ls turbo....you won't be dissappointed! i wish i would have went that way insted of vtec!!!!
thought i'd never hear that? good job, my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm serious though... ihave a 95 civic coupe that is getting that done to it soon..that car will smoke my gsr

·
Registered
162 Posts
well of course ANY turbo car will decent boost smoke a gs-r. have you considered all the options? maybe you can just rebuild your stock motor add some pr3 pistons to up the compression. and port your head. or mabe just go LS vtec.. carefully and do it right of course.. these are just other options

·
Registered
401 Posts
this may seem like a stupid question..but I will ask anyways!..what all is involved in going to Ls/vtec??does it cost a whole lot and what power gains could a person look at...??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts