Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the type r rear sway bar install next weekend or so and i was thinking about doing the tie bar while i was at it and wandering what i need to install it and if it will even bolt right on. i have a cheap-o one on there right now and it dosent look like it mights the same way. any help is greatly apreciated. thanx

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
you can't use a itr rear tie bar unless you swap out subframes...also depending on what bar you have and what mounting kit MOST tie bars won't fit itr sway equipped integras

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
itr tiebar will not fit your car.

I don't know why other brands of tiebars wouldn't work w/ your itr swaybar. I have the comptech sway and tiebar. But from what I have seen, it looks like you could mount a rear lower tie if you wanted.

This goes w/out saying but I'm assuming you already have some sort of chassis reinforcement ready as well....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the mount kit for the sway bar on the way and im going to go order the bushings and everything else when i get off work today. dose anyone one know what bars will or wont fit with the type r rear sway? since the type r tie bar wont fit dose the nuespeed? again any info is greatly apreciated

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The itr rear lower tiebar doesn't fit your car because of the fashion that it mounts up to the control arms. The oem itr tiebar screws in vertically, the other models do not have the capability to accept the oem itr lower tiebar.

For this reason, 98% of all aftermarket company's manufacture their bars to screw in horizontally (comptech is one of the exceptions). I have never heard of an integra w/ an itr rear swaybar that had difficulty w/ rear lower tiebars that were originally intended for the non-R models.

In short, the oem itr tiebar's incompatibility is related to the itr's mounting points not its swaybar.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
BlueTeg on Sep/04/02 said:
The itr rear lower tiebar doesn't fit your car because of the fashion that it mounts up to the control arms. The oem itr tiebar screws in vertically, the other models do not have the capability to accept the oem itr lower tiebar.
When I have enough $, I'm going with Teins for the ITR on my LS. I will be using ITR LCAs... will the tie bar fit?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
no Skunk2 doesn't make a bar to fit the ITR b/c it'c allready got one stock, so it only fit's non-ITR subframes. The ITR lca's you're getting will fit fine with the tie bar. It's the dark anodized bar that's on Skunk2's site. PM if you're interested... I've got a thread in the b/s/t forum that lists it.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
As stated above, the ITR tie bar does not fit on non-itr chassis because the subframe is different. Our subframes do not have the mounting point for the tie bar.

If you look at this picture, you can see the extra mounting point the ITR has for the tie bar.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
also, if you want the same mouting points for the tie bar, you can buy the Comptech tie bar. It mounts in the same place as the stock ITR bar, you need to screw it into the subframe.

The way that the comptech is, it has the triangle part already part of the bar.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Unfortunetly comptech no longer sells that tie bar, which is too bad since I think its one of the best tie bars you can get for our chassis.

I think too many people didn't like the idea of having to drill four holes in the subframe in order to mount it.

Now the only option is too get the sway/tie bar combo from comptech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts