Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last week my teg was stolen and stripped of basically everything worth more than a penny on it. With all of the damages and stolen items, i'm pretty sure that the insurance company is going to total it out. There's a White 98 Type-R for sale up the street from me and i'm seriously thinking about buying it. I was just wondering if anyone with an ITR would be willing to throw out their yearly insurance costs so that i would have a general idea of what it is going to cost me. Thanks. PM's or e-mails welcome.

·
Registered
431 Posts
werd, insurance companies dont see it as an integra.

they see it as a rare exotic...& they charge accordingly

·
Registered
550 Posts
i pay 600 dollars a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no speeding tickets, no crashes CLEAN RECORD.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It completely depends on the insurance company. When I switched from my Integra LS to my Type R, my rate increased by $24/month for the same coverage.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I switched from 97 RS to 2000TypeR, it went from 1800/yr to 3400/yr. I then moved from Boston to suburbia, and it went down to 2200/yr. In MA, the insurance company makes no difference. The rates are regulated and don't vary from company to company. But I guess you're in CA, so my laws don't mean smack to you, eh?

Yes, you'll spend more, but it is SOO worth it. Also, it sounds like you're in a high theft area...You might want to install some crazy anti-theft gear (alarms, kill-switches, hood locks, etc..) Installing these will keep the insurance costs down as well as help keep the car in your hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts