Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..My boy is gonna sell me his type r front sway bar. He's probably gonna get something better, I dunno what. It is a direct bolt on to a '94 Gsr? Thanks guys

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes but it is the same exact bar, no need to replace yours unless you get a bigger one

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glfsurfer on Aug/31/02 said:
Yes but it is the same exact bar, no need to replace yours unless you get a bigger one
So a type r use the same sway bar as the Gsr? Sorry It's not that I dont believe u.. but doesnt type r has better suspension setup??

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Thats correct. the front sway bar in the gsr and type r is both 24 inches front. They are the exact same in every way.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the type r does have a better and different suspension set up than the gsr. just not in the front sway bar.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yes it does, but thats because the rear sway bar is a lot better. Front sway bars are the same. This is all talked about in the articles section of the site.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How does the front gsr/itr sway bar compare to the ls sway bar? Would it be worth it on a ls? And would it fit a second gen? I am in the process of completing my suspension setup. I am waiting for my Benen strut tower braces, and skunk2 lower tie bars and a rear progress sway bar that i ordere, and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the front sway bar...thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
FWD cars really don't need a beefy front sway bar because you are inherently inducing more understeer when it comes to the terms of performance. Upgraded bushings should be sufficent with the stock LS/GSR/ITR front sway bar.

I always thought the ITR used ball mounting joints for their endlinks, instead of bolt and bushing that all other integras used for the swaybars.

And for all you Gen2 Integras, Suspension Technique makes a good set of front and rear sway bars for you guys if you are really interested.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
LS/GS/RS = 22mm front sway w/ regular bolt and four rubber bushings per endlink.

ITR/GSR = 24mm front sway w/ ball joint endlinks. only 2 rubber bushings per endlink.

I actually just got the gsr bar installed today. People say that the 2mm difference isn't enough to feel on the street. I disagree. While the difference is not night and day like it was with my 22mm rear swaybar upgrade......its definitely noticeable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts