Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

I have a 2001 gsr, i just recently bought a b18c type R engine from hmotors online.

Im almost ready to put the type R engine in but....

I have some questions

I noticed i have 3 wireing plugs on the engine (6 total) 3 on the drivers and 3 on the passengers.

on my gsr i have 4 on the passengers, and...i think only 3 on the drivers (not sure)

What do i need to do for conversion

Im NOT worried about emissions because of where i live

more questions after this is answered

Thankyou much

·
Registered
12 Posts
What year is the itr motor? You know you can't use the wiring harness from the ITR motor as it is a RHD harness and is backwards. You will have to use your stock 01 gsr harness in which on my 01, I have a plug on the drivers side that goes nowhere. All in all, should be a plug and play affair. GL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your stock harness should work plug and play. You will have to use the stock ecu that came with the swap. You might have to get a conversion harness to convert from obd2b to obd2a. Anybody correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
South-Paw on Oct/11/07 said:
Your stock harness should work plug and play. You will have to use the stock ecu that came with the swap. You might have to get a conversion harness to convert from obd2b to obd2a. Anybody correct me if i'm wrong
you are correct sir.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys soo much

I have that harness on order. (its my second one, i already blew 50 bucks on the wrong one.

I plan to just stretch the wires from left to right, looks like i have more wire than needed anyways.

I didnt notice that the fourth wire was able to be disconnected, i thought it was just connected with the rest.

Thanks so much

Is it nessesary to switch out my axels?

They look like the same ones in my gsr

(the ones set up for 4 lug are what they sent)

But i know that all type r's are 5lug and are bigger

so i think i was just sent another 4lug size

sorry for the incorrect terminology

I just dont know if it will fit the type r tranny

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You're all set with your GS-R harness. The whole engine will be plug and play. You will have a few unused connectors from your GS-R harness and like stated above you will need a conversion harness for your OBD2B connector to plug into the OBD2A ECU.

Your axles will work fine. They probably sent you the same type of axle, size and everything if you told them you were putting in a GS-R. They just won't be OEM and that causes problems sometimes. You should really just use your GS-R engine harness. The harness that come with the motor aren't always in the greatest shape. They are not intended to be used when HMotors sells the engine.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
use the gs-r axles and the gsr harness it will work. The rhd barness will not fit correctly its much easier to just use the gs-r one.

airplan did his swap around the same time i did mine so we both have experience there. Learn from our mistakes and save yourself the headache.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
MR_GS-R on Oct/11/07 said:
airplan did his swap around the same time i did mine so we both have experience there. Learn from our mistakes and save yourself the headache.
And I think it was well worth the headache don't you, MR_GS-R?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
oh hell yeah, worth every late night and the thousands of dollars!

Also go ahead and make sure you have the itr throttle cable and bracket along with wither a custom cat or a omni test pipe with a 2.5 colelctor. You will also need a 2.5 colelctor gasket. Jsut little things that will hold you up from getting it done.

Also make sure you get a quality jumper harness the one i got from jhp usa for $60 was a pos and the pins were loose!

With the gsr harness you will have 3 extra plugs if memory serves me correctly one will be IAB related and one will be the oil pressure switch and the last one will be the cfk plug.

Also its nice to get itr rad and heater hoses you can use the gsr ones but they dont exactly fit right you have to trim and get creative.

I also deleted the evap system because the jdm ecu wouldnt open up the evap purge valve at startup and it would cause a really low idle i mainly noticed this problem after fillup.

also you will need to use the gsr harness if you want to keep creatin amentites like cruise control i know the jdm harness does not have the plugs for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.