Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering since the Type R in it's stock form is a good auto-X car and auto-x there are hills and tough conditions that if the car would be good for snowy conditions, big hills (although most cars have no problem goin up fair sized hills except the s2000.) Around here it tends to snow sometimes a good deal and sometimes not at all, regardless alot of rain and there are numerous hills around..Tye R good for that? I would say pretty much anyone else who lives in B.C or Washington state does experiance the same conditions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what I read, I got a "Canadian Used Car Guide 2002" and it listed the Honda S2000 and said it was not very good for "northern america" conditions and something about the hills because it's lack of torque.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Don't take those magazines too seriously...I have a GSR and I can leave it in 5th gear and climb hills with no problem, I can even gain speed without downshifting if I really wanted to.

You need to drive a TypeR to find out all these questions you are asking. Until you've driven one, you can't speculate and you can't read magazines. Believe me, before I got my GSR, I figured, no way it could be faster than my 89 V8 Camaro. Guess what...it would smoke that car. So take one for a run, and don't be easy on it. The dealer told me to "beat it a little bit, it can take it."

The S2000 is rear wheel drive is it not? And trust me, it would have no problems going up a hill. (Unless it was icy or something)

·
Registered
354 Posts
the type r also has LSD which i honestly think would help in icey rainy and snowy conditions. and it would be just as good or better at climbing hills when compared to the average car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts