Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda confused about the Type R as of recently. People rave about how great it is as a car for the race track and auto-X but surely it must be a great car to add a body kit onto, have some nice rims, tint the windows and have a killer system in. With 195hp and amazing steering it must be great for the road and to show off a little in general, but alot of people get cars from all classes and mod them for street events..ah I know that talk of illegal racing is not allowed here at all but I am just saying, if a person would mod the car up to street race would that be a waste of a Type R where the mechanics at Acura/Honda slaved to make this car a near perfect stock for the track?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
not really. IMO the only waste of a ITR is when someone buys it and makes it a strictly show car that's never actually driven. now thats a waste

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, it wouldn't be...Not driving it and enjoying that 8400 Redline is a waste...letting it collect dust is a waste...just looking at it is a waste. Anything short of blowing off another car's doors is a waste...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I would love to show out a ITR, make it look as beuatiful as posible, but I think you wouldn't be able to resist ripping it every now and again!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pollux on Sep/18/02 said:
I would love to show out a ITR, make it look as beuatiful as posible, but I think you wouldn't be able to resist ripping it every now and again!
true be that! But that is part of the deal I'd say
if ya havea nice lookin car and ya have some performance under the hood ya may as well let it rip now and then.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
What really ticks me off is (and ive seen this 3 times if not more) People take a type R motor LOWER compression and then turbo it--- WTF???? Why would anyone in their right mind do this-- S/C i could see just gives more pwr. but to lower compression?? thats what the ITR motor is based on, this is how it keeps with V8's on a track--
low # cylinder + high compression + light weight====

high power to weight ratio ==> FAST!!! DUH?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts