Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey T.I, I took my car to the drag strip for the very first time a little while ago and had some decent runs. My car is a completely stock 98 Type-R with 80K miles on it. Here is my best time out of the three runs I had...

r/t0.872
60' 2.361
330 6.249
1/8 9.518
mph75.34
1/4 14.731
mph92.30

Im not overly happy with my results but im not upset with them either. I just hope to do a little better next time I go. Any comments are welcome guys...

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
14.7 is the factory number, so I'd say you're doing just fine. There's a million factors that come into play, but most ITRs are doing mid 14s. With a basic bolt-on setup you can shave a good 1/2 second off that.

Remember that the ITR wasn't built to be a drag car, it's built for road racing and autocross.

You might be able to drop the 60' time down a touch with better tires, but 2.3 isn't bad for our torqueless motors.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You'll get better times by getting your 60ft time down. Better tires will aid in this but alot of people overlook the importance of a nice suspension setup...

I cut low 2.0 60 ft's with falken ziex tires with the cords popping through because I focused on suspension and launching at the best RPM. I had a JDM GSR engine with bolt ons.

Getting your reaction time lower isn't going to improve your 1/4 mile. It only matters if you are in bracket racing.

14.7 isn't bad for a stock integra. Your MPH seems kinda low but like I said, you can cut a few more tenths off if you get your launch and 60 ft time down pat.

·
Registered
597 Posts
not enough zeros in that reaction time but i see my fellow critis have already got u there. Its always good to see new guys giong to the track. Its even cooler when stock cars hold heir own against supercharged luxury mobiles who proceed to question you after as to why that $8000 extra they payed didn't = you being murdered.... but yeah, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your reaction time has nothing to do with your e.t. If you want to get down the track faster try improving your 60' times. But neither your 60' or 1/4 times will improve by much at all unless u start doing some mods to the car. You shouldn't be disappointed at all that is what the ITR is supposed to do in the 1/4 mile. If I was you I'd be happy you ran what the ITR runs coming out of the factory so I'd say your driving the car well and the motor is still in great shape so congrats!

P.S In my opinion alot of your e.t depends on how the track is prepped and what the weather was like that day. Sometimes the track is sticky and sometimes you spin like crazy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hmmmm... well the integra type R wasnt built to do JUST drag. It was built to shine at the circuit. like willowsprings and such... the honda team put lots of hours of R&D on not only the engine, but the suspension as well. even replacing heavy parts with parts that weigh less. personally ide be VERY happy if i had a ITR. its just my opinion, Im a circuit kinda guy...

·
Registered
137 Posts
when i had my old tires and rims my itr ran 15.1 .... you think over weight 17 inch wheels will do that to me? the tires were like... some zri fuzion tires... i replaced them with spoon sw388s and falken azenis and haven´t ran it since... just trying to figure out why my itr isn´t as fast as his.. btw my itr has 65k on it and maintained extremely well

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats.
Seat time is by far the most critical mod for any type of racing so keep heading to the track and you'll become more and more comfortable. Practice, practice, practice.

A good set of tires in addition to a few good suspension upgrades and you'll be seeing improvements to your 60 in no time.

reaction time as well is the period of time between the start light and the car breaking the start plain. once that plain is broken the recording of the E/T is begun, unless you are racing in a head to head bracket where time matters little... 60 is what to focus on for personal improvement.

*correct me if I'm incorrect.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hmm. The 1/4 mile times are about right but the mph is a bit low. on my old 95 GSR with paper filter, 100% stock, i ran 93 mph with a horrible 2.35 60'

meh.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
jdm_fantasy on Sep/21/07 said:
Work on your reaction time. :) Learn to time the lights. I've hit many perfect .005-.000 r/ts and its fun getting that jump on the other car
I don't understand why people keep on saying the reaction time affects your 1/4 mile times...

It only counts when you're in bracket racing/elimination rounds! [at least that how it works in CA]

What really matters is the 60' time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Zeromaz on Oct/05/07 said:
when i had my old tires and rims my itr ran 15.1 .... you think over weight 17 inch wheels will do that to me? the tires were like... some zri fuzion tires... i replaced them with spoon sw388s and falken azenis and haven´t ran it since... just trying to figure out why my itr isn´t as fast as his.. btw my itr has 65k on it and maintained extremely well
im quoting myself... should i repost this as a new thread? the tires and rims are the only thing i could think of that hurt my quarter mile time. also my car was stock other than the rims and tires, and an injen cold air intake

·
Registered
584 Posts
ZEROMAZ

yes man the wheels and tires did mess up your time..... something to think aboutevery 8 lbs of rotating mass is equivlent to 100lbs...meaning every 8lbs more you have on your wheels and tires will be 1/10th slower in the 1/4 mile.... i just learned that the other day....makes sencewhen i had my 16in rota C8's onmy times were about 3/10ths to 4/10ths slower than they were with my Fatfives...and i lost about 1.5mph...and i even picked up in my 60ft.... i ran a [email protected] in my friends 2000 ITR and all he had was a AEM CAI...so i could almost guarantee you that if you change those wheels you will run a much better time... i know that after i changed my C8's to my current 15in subzeros my times have greatly improved!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perfecting your launch will make quite a difference, obviously better traction will help your launch. Perfecting your shifts as well. Every manual trans car ive owned, ive been able to beat factory times with practice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts