Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a Type one Cat-Back. Its quite pricy, but its a 2.5" cat back, which I want, plus I wouldnt have to wait to fab it up. Can anybody tell me about the Type one brand? Good quality? Is is a good choice? Thanks in advance.
Cody
Ps...I plan on going with a Spoon header and 2.5" Carsound Cat. I also plan on staying na. After exhaust my plans are Spoon Cams/gears...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The only thing with the Type one is that there is a 2.0" bottleneck on the muffler flange so you'll probably want to remove that. A muffler shop should be able to weld a new flange for not too much.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Me!

Yeah for the price of the Type one you could get a HyTech or SMSP catback. SMSP's system is unassembled though, so the extra money needed for a muffler shop to put it together needs to be taken into account. HyTech is pre-assembled and is possibly the best option in 2.5" exhausts, my car was the prototype for his "production" system so I may be biased haha. But you may have to wait for it, not sure how fast the turnaround time is now that the jig is done.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I emailed the guy from Hytech, and never got a responce. I dont have his email address no more. I was originally wanting the Hytech, but I dont know how long the Turnaround time is going to be...But about the Type one again, is it good quality, anybody?
Cody

·
Registered
586 Posts
i kinda like the look of the type one exhaust muffler. is the muffler an option to buy, or can you only but the catback. I already have a muffler shop thats gonna make me a 2.5 catback for 175, just need to buy a resonator and muffler. And i know that all cars sound different, but has anybody heard the type one exhaust system?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I personally think the Type one sounded like total crap on C-speed's Integra Type R.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/temppics/typeone/typeonereving.mpg

But there are others who would say that sounds wonderful so it's all very subjective as to what sounds "good".

What about the quality do you want to know? The system is stainless steel so it's good. The 2" bottleneck is the the only drawback of the system, so take into account what it's going to cost for a 2.5" flange and welding job by a muffler shop.

·
Registered
586 Posts
would the type one muffler be characterized as the "N1 style straight-throught" design like in your exhaust sound article surfer? I also am a fellow hater of the "weed whacker" exhaust systems. yes, i would love to have a twin-pass system, but simply cant afford another 700 dollar exhaust. Personally, i like the sound of my greddy sp, but it is chambered and is somewhat restrictive to the engine combo i want. so can you tame or make any straight through muffler sound quiet and deep with a nice 22 inch resonator??

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes it's an N1, if you see the pic there's almost no muffler which is why it's so loud and high pitched. I think you would have to do dual resonators for that, as the Type one already comes with a resonator but it doesn't seem to be helping it much. The muffler is just so small. If you want something straight-through and quieter check some of Magnaflow's mufflers, they use a much larger can to help quiet the noise better but won't cause any restriction to performance.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From my understanding the Type one is a N1 style muffler. The Exhaust includes a silencer, but I dont know how these sound...I dont like a loud exhaust either. I might just have to go with the HyTech and wait it out...
Cody

·
Registered
586 Posts
SurferX on Sep/22/02 said:
If you want something straight-through and quieter check some of Magnaflow's mufflers, they use a much larger can to help quiet the noise better but won't cause any restriction to performance.
since the "2.5 exhaust(for real power)" article, i think there is probably alot of people with gsr's going the route that i am with the custom mandrel bent 2.5 catback. Therefore, you might want to add a few nice 2.5 mufflers to the exhaust buying guide.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
update: new version of type one exhaust. has bigger canister. doesn't look like the n1 style. but similar. i think it's kind of like the greddy evo. it's like they "blew up" the old versions n1 style canister. they did this to lower noise level. and no more bottle-neck. anyway check out this link at honda-tech. the pics shown are either from a rsx or '02 civic si.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts