Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 99 Integra SE and i'm at about 62000 km now, ready to do my oil change at 63,000 km. Acura recommended I do my Type 2 60,000 km servicing next time I come in. Well I called them and they quoted me $200+ for this service. I asked them what they do and they said change my oil, inspect the brakes, suspension, exhaust and inspect all my fluids, and that if they change anything that it will cost me even more. I find it hard to believe they can charge $200+ to only inspect and not even change anything! The 72,000 km change recommended by acura says they do the exact same with more inspections and you have to replace the engine coolant and brake fluid. For some reason I think this "inspection" is a rip-off since they dont actually change anything. I can take a look at the exact same as them and save so much but I'm worried they will try to screw me on warranty like on Engine/Transmission (if anything were to go wrong) or something since they do "inspect" my transmission fluid, not even change it. What are your thoughts on this change and going to the dealer to get it "inspected"? I only have 6 months left on my warranty and I think I am going to wait til 72,000 km where I actually get stuff changed. And I don't drive my car hard, just normal driving with lots of driving to work on the highway.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Going to the dealer sucks. If I were you I would do it myself and save some hard earned money. Oh yeah the articles on this site helps a lot.

·
Registered
359 Posts
so how many miles is to change timing belt?....i drive alot of short trips to school and work and i drive it a little bit aggressive....=)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I reccommend a good valve adjustment dealership cost will be more than an outside shop, but you will definitely feel the difference. Your suspension should be fine besides a little lube job. Check the indicators on your brake pads to see how they are doing. And check your serpentine belt and timing belt, change fluids, and oil and you should be good til your next oil change. I also have an SE if you need any LS parts let me know.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think its 120,000 km recommended, but I will be doing mine around 100,000 km most likely... most people have told me that... better to be safe than sorry....

Martian what kind of LS parts you have for sale?? just interested in what you have... dont really need anything... but just wondering

1 - 6 of 6 Posts