Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
ROFLMFAO... Buddy... Noob... W/E. First off, ask yourself: "How many headers does my car have?".

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh c'mon, cut him some slack. You could have a TOTALLY custom set up involving 2 headers, each servicing 2 WHOLE cylinders, 2 turbos each with a side mount intercooler, and a custom IM with 2 throttle bodies.

Hey, it could happen...

Edit: Don't mean to flame, bro. You're fairly new here, and some people will tear you down for asking a question like this. The truth is, turbo setups (at least, setups not requiring thousands upon thousands of dollars and your own custom fabrication machinery) are usually set up for one turbo per bank of cylinders. So, if you have a V6 engine, with two banks of 3 cylinders each, you could have a twin turbo. on a stock 4 banger like a GSR, you're pretty much stuck with one.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
That's way overkill for our little 1.8L 4-cyl engines. It would also require a custom manifold and take up space that you probably don't have. A well chosen single turbo will give you really good gains.

Turbos are like women... all the kids want two, until they realize how many problems they have with just one.

Reactions: Geis

·
Registered
470 Posts
Weston on Feb/13/04 said:
Turbos are like women... all the kids want two, until they realize how many problems they have with just one.
ROFL....
Ahahaha, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week. Thank you very much. As a married man, I can honestly say that this is truer than any of you sub-20 guys can appreciate.

Edit: You are now my signature.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What about the old "killer B" rally cars? I believe the Audi Quattro ran a SC and a turbo.

Edit: Sorry, it was actually the Lancia Delta S4.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
i got good news for you, i was able to have two T3 turbos in my car....um their in the trunk though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
There was a guy on one of the dsm boards a few years ago that twin turboed his gsx. supposedly ran 11's. used 2
t-25's if i remember correctly. i think he did it more to have something unique than to be practical. although i think it ended up giving him a quicker spool time but more power since he was using 2 small turbos instead of 1 big one. he had just one im and tb though, and a snakes nest of ic piping im sure.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
hey anything is possible! There is a TRI-turbo supra...doesn't make unbelievable power, but I also don't think he's goin for that much power, mostly a show car.

·
Registered
322 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/13/04 said:
For street driving, one large turbo can give you some wicked-nasty turbo lag. Audi's 1.8L turbo engine (Jetta & GTI) is a prime example of why one big turbo sucks -- that car feels like it has about 20hp until you reach 3000rpm.
Actually the 1.8T reaches peak torque at 1900 RPMs and remains flat until about 5k.

At least in the 2003 GTI I can't speak to any other model

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't believe you guys forgot about the Meguiar's Type-R setup HKS made a prototype Supercharger/ Turbo setup with the R's stock compression using enough electronics to make sure the darn thing doesn't blow up. A very quick setup too bad it was just a show car.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts