Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a power freak and i want to try and achieve supercar capabilities with my acura, i was wondering if it would be possible to put on two turbos from a aftermarket kit like greddy or Drag Gen III so you could get twice the turbine power cuz one isnt enough for me =)
btw its a 95 GSR

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fentoozler45: can you run any boost on any turbo kit if your engine can support it?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The purpose of twin turbo isn't more peak power, rather it's for a broader powerband. Most twin turbo setups will run a tiny turbo for no-lag boost in the low RPMs and then a bigger turbo to take over with it's big boost in the higher RPMs. I don't know if anyone makes a kit to do this though on an Integra.

·
Registered
713 Posts
ive seen a sequential turbo kit on a integra before but i told that guy to bone out before i got to ask what company it was.

just to make sure are sequential and twin turbos the same thing?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
95_GSR on Sep/21/02 said:
Fentoozler45: can you run any boost on any turbo kit if your engine can support it?
No. You are limited by the size of the turbo. I am by no means a 'turbo guy', but I recommend reading all the turbo articles you can get your hands on. We have a few in the articles section, and some of the FI guys should be able to suggest some good books/articles on turbocharging.

Do as much research as possible before installing so you know what you are getting into. Turbo is a big step, and isn't as easy as just slapping on a kit. It's about proper tuning and sizing of the engine/turbo package.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There is absolutly no need to twin turbo an integra. It would be very inefficent and a total waste of money. Instead of thinking about twins think about using your money to build a solid foundation for forced induction. Since you are a power freak this is what I recommend you do...

fully build your motor and combine that with a T3/T04E turbo so you can boost double digits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
twin turbo = stupid on our cars.

there's simply not even enough gasses coming out of the engine to push the 2 turbos.

some stupid guy on speed channel twin turboed his civic on that import show.

let's just say he makes less power than someone with 1 turbo.

Get 1 sequential turbo and u'll be happy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your input guys i plan on redoing my entire valvetrain and internals right now i have valvesprings and soon will have retainers and valves then pistons and connector rods so double digits on the boost wont be difficult

·
Registered
51 Posts
think about this, the guys with the big power in the twin turbo supras are changing their setups to a single turbo, because of bigger numbers.

on a car with such small displacement, theres no reason to have twin turbos.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i think they are the same thing. sequential i think is one big one small and that is twin turbo, but twin turbo could be two turbos the same size. so yea..correct me if im wrong ppl.

as for a B18C1-TT that is not a good idea. u dont have enough gasses to spool up the turbos only 2 cyl a turbo and thats not enough. TT setups u see are on 6 or higher. if u do have a TT setup on a 4 cyl ull have a very large amoutn of turbo lag. even if they are the small T25 turbos. there was a SR20DETT [sorry for keeping bring up Nissan] on ebay he had two stock T25 turbos on the setup and it had the true meaning of turbo lag.

Cliff Notes: TT setup on a 4 = not very good, show?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
ok, to clear things up... sequential is one small turbo into one big turbo, you dont increase lag with a sequential, in fact it is decreased... the exhaust gases spool the small turbo quickly, which raises your rpms faster, thereby spooling the large turbo faster. it wouldnt make sense to turbo two cylinders on the engine. v engines do it because it is easier. the only reason to run twin turbo, however, is because you have an engine built to handle at least 40 psi. this would allow you to run, for ex., a t25 at 15psi (its maximum efficiency level), and a t66 at 20=+psi (its maximum efficiency level). then you would have an absolute assload of power, with an incredibly envious power band. if you want an example, that 8 sec civic is running twin turbo. it can be done, but not for less than the price of a lamborghini...

·
Registered
987 Posts
SilviaDriver on Sep/25/02 said:
Quote: just to make sure are sequential and twin turbos the same thing? i think they are the same thing. sequential i think is one big one small and that is twin turbo, but twin turbo could be two turbos the same size. so yea..correct me if im wrong ppl.
as for a B18C1-TT that is not a good idea. u dont have enough gasses to spool up the turbos only 2 cyl a turbo and thats not enough. TT setups u see are on 6 or higher. if u do have a TT setup on a 4 cyl ull have a very large amoutn of turbo lag. even if they are the small T25 turbos. there was a SR20DETT [sorry for keeping bring up Nissan] on ebay he had two stock T25 turbos on the setup and it had the true meaning of turbo lag.

Cliff Notes: TT setup on a 4 = not very good, show?
im pretty sure that the only TT on the nissan motors were the RB26dett,im not sur eon the engine code,but i am sure that its from the RB series motors

·
Registered
712 Posts
SilviaDriver on Sep/25/02 said:
the same thing?
i think they are the same thing. sequential i think is one big one small and that is twin turbo, but twin turbo could be two turbos the same size. so yea..correct me if im wrong ppl.
Quote: Orginally posted by Elemnts im pretty sure that the only TT on the nissan motors were the RB26dett,im not sur eon the engine code,but i am sure that its from the RB series motors

[/quote]
well the SR20DETT i was talkin about was a custom kit some guy made and was selling on ebay. and true the RB26DETT, GTR, had TT setup but wasnt the only one, also was the VG30DETT or something i forgot or was it VQ30DETT, [300zx TT]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Fentoozler45 on Sep/21/02 said:
You can get more than enough boost to blow your engine from here to Timbuktu with only one turbo. There is no need for two.
Indeed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts