Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..i plan on replacing all 6 of my speakers...but i was wondering, what size are the tweeters, i think im gonna change from pioneer speakers which i love..and try some audiobahms which ive herd are very very nice. anywho..so im also gonna be wiring the speakers to an amp..i have an MTX amp that rated extremely high 90x4 and im never gonna give it up!! its gonna go into all my cars..lol. so im wondering, if i hook up the front channel to the speakers, AND tweeters...assuming they are all 4 ohms, wont they be wired to be 2 ohms?? i know about wiring...but w/ subs, but why would the speakers be different?? so anyone can give me some answers!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
tweeter size thread

if i hook up the front channel to the speakers, AND tweeters...assuming they are all 4 ohms, wont they be wired to be 2 ohms??

no, impedence is a concern for speakers at the same frequency (importance of a good passive crossover network).. anyways, you can wire many tweeters to a 4 ohm load and it won't affect it too much (will change the crossover frequency of the crossover though

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should put this stuff in the articles..so far, theyve helped me alot!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey man, ive had my mtx amp for about 4yrs now, ive heard they last forever and sound great for a reasonable price. good choice on that!!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Reviving an old topic....

ok, I went to ask a wiring question...but thought I
could just add on to here.

I don't have an amp for the front speakers...I just
want to know if it's ok to wire the tweeters in parallel
(piggyback them) with the door speakers?

I keep the bass on my headunit in the middle. I'm sure
the door speakers can handle it, but what about the
tweeters. Do I have to protect them somehow, or will
they just prevent the bass since they're tweeters?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I don't have an amp for the front speakers...I just
want to know if it's ok to wire the tweeters in parallel
(piggyback them) with the door speakers?
thats fine to do

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
if that was going to be an issue, i would not have recommended that you can do so..... which was on the assumption you were planning to wire in the crossover for tweeters as well

·
Registered
202 Posts
one more quick question, the component speaker installation article installs 6.5's in the front, i thought the teg takes 5.25?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts