Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to install my tweeter on the side mirror black cover. It will be a surface mount right on the strip that angles at the driver. Has anyone done that with their integra and are there any pics? thanks

I've thought about the door mount, and the kick panel. Both of these have their draw backs and that is the sound would be not centered or that an arm or a leg would be in the way. I also don't have factory holes, plus kick panels are like 100 bucks. So i've concluded mounting where the side mirrors are will be the best location, money wise and sound-wise; although it will be a little far from the woofer.

I would like some feedback on what you guys think before i pull out the power drill.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That does sound like a good idea.. Thats where most cars have them mounted today. Have you figured out your wiring and everything? I am assuming you will have a crossover, where will that be mounted?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice, please upload the pics, I'm putting mb quarts there too :-D

by the way, where did you mount the cross overs and how did you do it? I still haven' decided where to put mine yet

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
I dont understand why you are so worried about "pics"

you already know they'll mount there, and you seem hell bent on doing it there.... so just get it done.. whats someone else's picture supposed to do for you?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's a good point, but it's always good to see ahead of time what i'm getting myself into. Also he never stated how he mounted it. Plus, i was thinking of cutting into the plastic and mouting it half way "flushed", which would be even cooler, but is quite hard to do and if there are pictures shown that ppl have acomplished it, I can perhaps learn how it was rigged up/ what sort of tweeter mounts to use. Another reason is that i can't do it till the weekends and it's nice to see the finished product early

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i have 1" cups mounted on there with wood screws, and to make it secure on the backside, i used a paperclip and wrapped it around the screw to act as a locking nut.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/15/06 said:
I dont understand why you are so worried about "pics"

you already know they'll mount there, and you seem hell bent on doing it there.... so just get it done.. whats someone else's picture supposed to do for you?
probably doin it look wise but i rather just mount mine in the door panels where the hole is already there.but if you have the door panels with no tweeters then just custom it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I guess u dont have the factory tweeter location in the doors?

·
Registered
337 Posts
i think the tweeter in the a piller looks tacky. the mirror cover would look good but is there enough room for it without cutting out the mounting clip tab thingy? its a good place for them and it will increase you soundstage. alot of cars come with a tweeter there stock. like the newer tibburons do.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heh, everything is done.

I put my tweeter right at the skinny strip on the side mirror cover. NOt the triangle shape part, but the angled tilt piece that angles at the driver/middle of the car. I drilled two holes; one for a metal screw to bolt the tweeter firmly onto the cover and the other to pass the wires through. As for the crossovers, i zip-tied it diagonally onto the metal door in between the door and door panel. The tweeter points at the chest of the driver, which i thought would lower the sound stage, but the sound is the same whether i slouch all the way down or raise my head to hit the ceiling. The sound is uhh, really nice. It sounds like the music is coming from everywhere and sort of irritates me a bit. I miss my static and distortion. It's TOOOO clear and freaks me out. listening to piano music feels like a piano is in your face sort of thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.