Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my stock cat which is falling apart inside and incredibly short part of stock pipe right behind it (because the bolts at the cat were siezed) and a custom 2 1/4 exhaust from there back in addition to a custom muffler I got from the shop back home where I purchased my teg. New cat is in and new cat-back will be here next week so I was wondering if anyone wanted this or any part of it before it all goes in the trash.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come and pick it up and you can have it! It doesn't sound too bad but it rattles sometimes because the inside of the cat is just going to hell. I'll let you know just when I get the new parts in and the old ones off.

Here's what the custom tip looks like on the car (reminds me of the EVO 2 which, by the way is the exhaust I will be replacing it with)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey Andrew, it looks pretty good! You are not happening to go that car meet in Brandon this weekend are you?

Let me know when you are planning on taking it off and I could pick it up if you don't mind. I'd even throw at least a lil bit of money your way.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Wow I didn't realize fort myers was quite so far away, haha. For the price for gas I would be better off paying for shipping...

But I need some exhaust on my car, heh.

Let me know if you would just ship the muffler at my expense. (Muffler is probably much cheaper than whole exhaust)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got under the car and took a few pics of everything still hooked up. Notice the rusted cat and the welding of like 3 different pipes to make it all work. Could potentially be a good exhaust with a universal high flow cat and a little welding. The muffler is straight through and there are no resonators.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Umm... I just noticed looking back on my pictures that the entire think is welded and the only place I can take it off is before the cat. Anyone think I can manuver the exhaust out of there without cutting it?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Disconnect it from before the cat... unhook it where it is being held to the undercarry, and you'll have to put something under the car, maybe a blanket or something, and just let it fall onto it, and I'm sure you could pull it out. only other suggestion is go to a shop or jack the car up yourself.

Victor - I'd be interested in the muffler if you took it off, let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I believe that is the lower control arm in the 4th picture would block it from falling down... you may have to unhook it to get the exhaust piping off. Unless you cut the exhaust and just get it rewelded.

BTW- It looks like that shop did a poor job welding :/

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
hey, i think i'm very interested in wanting that exhaust now. if you don't get it off by next month, let me know and come through with my friends tools and get it off. of course if i get it off it goes home with me.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.