Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first begin by saying I despise electrical. Next, the first owner added his own flare to this car by chopping up all the wiring. Cutting turn signals to wire halos, adding jdm side markers thinking that would be good enough, making a mess of the 3 stage viper system in it, ect. Today I am having problems with the turn signals. I bought another gen 3 integra for scrap and cut the harnesses for both sides off at the root. That harness had 2 red, 2 black and 1 green wire, while the recipient car has 1 red 2 black and 2 green. When wired correctly to an 80% confidence, my drivers side marker light always stays on even if the switch is off, besides that everything works fine, even the halos which I kept and just quick spliced into the one red wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Using a multimeter let’s go back to the factory harness. It is possible you spliced into a ground or since you tapped into the running light for the halo, the halo is causing the issue. With the switch off and YOUR WORK REMOVED check for voltage and grounds at the ends of the wire. Should have very low resistance from the ground wires (2 black) to battery. <1ohm. Then turn the running lights on and check for power at the 2 green wires both should read 12V. Then it gets tricky. One wire out of those 2 greens remains a constant 12V but the other will oscillate between 12V and 0V as the turn signal is flashing and while the red wire is doing the same. Let me know what your readings are

1 - 2 of 2 Posts