Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn’t really related to something specific about turbo’s but i think it’s a solid question. Does anyone in or who was in college have/had a turbo or supercharged integra as their college daily? I plan on doing some form of fi to my car as im a broke college student and cant afford a newer car right now (hoping to get close to 300 whp on a stock and lower mileage JDM b18b1) My question is what was it like? Would you do it again? Were you doing more wrenching than driving? Was it distracting from school work? I love this car, the way it handles and feels… i just wish it had some more straightline performance… it kinda sucks having a v6 camry gap you. I dont mind doing a little extra maintenance as i owned a KTM EXC525 i had to change oil every 500 miles (on the bikes side too weird) and do a valve check every 2000 miles

·
Registered
172 Posts
This isn’t really related to something specific about turbo’s but i think it’s a solid question. Does anyone in or who was in college have/had a turbo or supercharged integra as their college daily? I plan on doing some form of fi to my car as im a broke college student and cant afford a newer car right now (hoping to get close to 300 whp on a stock and lower mileage JDM b18b1) My question is what was it like? Would you do it again? Were you doing more wrenching than driving? Was it distracting from school work? I love this car, the way it handles and feels… i just wish it had some more straightline performance… it kinda sucks having a v6 camry gap you. I dont mind doing a little extra maintenance as i owned a KTM EXC525 i had to change oil every 500 miles (on the bikes side too weird) and do a valve check every 2000 miles
I have been a broke college student with a turbo Integra.

Previous owner had done a generic Chinese turbo setup. Had it tuned, and made 280hp. Felt like all the power in the world.

Every now and then had to spend a few hundred dollars fixing something like replacing the worn wastegate, or a turbo oil line leak.

Cheapest thing that broke on the car was the turbo itself. Was $120 shipped for a new one. Replaced it in a parking garage.

I think a cheap turbo setup has it's own satisfaction in both power and experience, but has it's responsibilities.

I didn't get enough money to do the car how I wanted to until like 5 years later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts