Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a car has to be checked out for smog and the inspector goes over the visual what parts of the turbo need to be removed? And what parts can you leave on? Also i live in cali so there isn't a legal kit for my car so i plan to take the turbo off and retune but just curious as to what has to be taken off in order to pass smog.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as far as i can tell if i swapped the exhaust mani and the downpipe turbo etc and put the stock exhaust system on there i should be ok...but is it cool to leave on the pipping and what would i do with the oil lines and fittings?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue box wont work for the 94 and if i swap it won't that be illegal? To make it more clear i want to build my own kit that won't be somg legal. I want to take it off every 2 years to pass smog and wanted to know what needs to be taken off to pass smog.
Hope thats clearer, Thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong...but I was under the impression that if you recirculate the BOV, then it is not illegal. Because then it is not spitting anything back into the atmosphere...is this correct ?

Although, the laws may vary from state to state.

Also, can you check your state website ? The PA state site lists what kind of test each countie recieves, and what is involved in the check.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
need to take off: exhaust, turbo, manifold, intercooler, WG, charge piping, engine management, and gauges for visual inspection. and you will have to plug your oil pan.
then you should pass

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been doing alot of research on here about a smog legal kit, and sad to say that greddy 18g kit with out IC and BOV is the only kit that passes. My bf has his inspection lisence, (just got it sat so everything is up to date knowledge wise) and it should pass. I do think that Pa is very similar to CA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.