Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a greddy turbo kit for a 1.6sohc civic ex be modified to fit a b18c1?? If so what needs to be done?

thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
why dont you just get the greddy kit for your car? they make one for the gsr.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Integra15lb on Sep/16/02 said:
its the same turbo but you ned a manfold to fit your car and proper pipeing as those 2 things arent the same in a civic
actually i am pretty sure that even d series manifolds will fit b series motors and vice versa. they are all interchangeable

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason being. Someone around my area is selling a greddy turbo kit with i/c so I wanted to know if I could get it to fit my car?

So new manifold and piping? Is that all?
thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
gsr_jB on Sep/16/02 said:
The reason being. Someone around my area is selling a greddy turbo kit with i/c so I wanted to know if I could get it to fit my car?

So new manifold and piping? Is that all?
thanks
Yes..The turbo can be used thats about it. And if the kit comes with a Piggy-Back Fuel system such as the Greddy e-Manage... You would need to have the a/f maps changed and tuned for your car/setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First off the kits aren't even close to the same. They use different size turbos. The manifolds and down pipes are different and the piping wouldn't work (if you have anything but an RS) due to your ABS being in the way. I made a SI Greddy kit work on my RS but it is alot of work and trying to make a D series kit work on a B series engine isn't going to work without replacing most of the stuff. Plus the turbos too small for a 170 HP stock engine(TD04 vs TD05). It is sized for an engine that puts out a little over a hundred HP. I am all for good deals but you are going to spend more money making it work than to just buy a used kit for an integra. I got my SI kit w/ FMIC for $1600. How much less is the SOHC kit? The manifold alone will be $300. Plus I think that the intercoolers for the SOHC have both pipes going tword the passanger side where as the DOHC goes strait. I don't know if you would run into problems with brackets or other iteams being in the way of the IC piping. Also the SOHC kit doesn't come with injectors or the blue box. It comes with the black back and an FMU I think. That is why the SOHC kit is over a grand less than the DOHC kits. Just some things you should think about befor jumping into a project like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts