Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a huge bine!!I can't decide whether to go turbo or n/a. I'm not worried about money because I can save up a get it. But my car is a daily driver but i do have a beater to drive when needed. Also I've got 60k on the car now. Any feed back would be cool and helpful.

Also what oil does everyone use?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mobil 1 for oil. I think you are gonna have to decide for yourself on whether or not you wanna go Turbo. There are several volumes on each type of direction choice.. and several articles and threads on here as well.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Two years from now you'll probably be in the same bind, but by then you'll be sick of your car and ready for something else.

As for oil, I've been using Valvoline Full Synthetic (5w30) every 3K miles since break in.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
roundle on Aug/21/02 said:
Two years from now you'll probably be in the same bind, but by then you'll be sick of your car and ready for something else.
I don't understand why you said that...???

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I went turbo-- if its done right you will have no motor problems-- make sure you use some kind of fuel computer if you do it-- ie hondata, AEM, Greddy FCU comes with their kit, Apexi Vafc-- then have the car Dyno tuned to make sure you stay stioch or rich throughout the powerband-- this will ensure safety, reliability and durability on the motor----i know people that run turbos for several years nonintercooled w/ no probs due to this-

as for oil-- the best turboed car in the world comes filled with mobil one full syntec (porsche 911 TT)-- why shouldnt i use it---

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do a compression check before buying your turbo, then if all is good (at hige mileage), then turbo that hoe!

·
Registered
402 Posts
95gsrturbo on Aug/20/02 said:
as for oil-- the best turboed car in the world comes filled with mobil one full syntec (porsche 911 TT)-- why shouldnt i use it---
my thoughts exactly. all vettes come off the assembly line filled with it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts