Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I know it is ideal to have the drain on the turbo as vertical as possible...but...if it was almost parallel with the ground..but had an elbow on the end to direct the oil downward...would that cause major issues ?

Since the oil is coming into the turbo with force...would that be enough to also give it force out of the turbo ?

Thanks guys..i've been stuck on thinking about this.

*ScreaminTeg*

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I don't think it would be the same, cause the drain is still not pointed down. Sure the line is, but the drain isn't. That's my opinion, couldn't you just clock it down? By clock, I mean, loosen something, spin it. I read it somewhere.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It usually is pretty tight if it has never been cracked. it sometimes does take some force.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You will blow out the oil seals. Simple as that. The oil wont drain and the heat from the oil will cook the seals and pretty much blow the seals, maybe the bearings.

What you will need to do depending on the turbo is loosen the bolts that hold the bearing cartridge to the turbine housing and spin the whole center cartridge and compressor housing until you have the oil drain as close to vertical as possible. You might even have to take the bolts off that hold the center cartridge to the compressor housing and rotate it 90 degrees to get the best positioning. Its really not hard to do. You just have to play with it and mock everything up and get it setup where u want it and tighten everything backdown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts