Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done research, and I know it could be multiple things causing this. Last night I cold started up my 96 teg fully rebuilt B18b1 turbo 1000cc inj. HondataS300 ect. so that I could hook up the Ultragauge obd2 em 1.2v to check some readings. Cars fully warmed up and been scanning for about 10 min now, at this point I'm thinking it's probably not gonna work for whatever reason. While the car is running and I'm in the driver seat my dad is under the hood and he pulls on the throttle cable just enough to go up few hundred rpms, not much at all. As he's holding it for only about 8secs or so turbo mani tube 4 starts to glow red first for a bit then followed by rest. We were under the impression the car is running rich due to the smoke it produces. Also spark plug 4 not only is white while the rest are black but plug 4 threads are a Lil stripped and are in need of a helicoil. Before everyone starts to say a bunch of stuff, no I am not driving it anywhere after finding out the thread issue. Was just trying to get a reading on AFRs and so on on the ultragauge. So my question is, is it glowing red cus it is rich and exhaust gases are trapped in the mani due to no boost or air coming into intercooler plus its a cold start, or is everything in #4 causing this, injector issue, thread issue producing oxygen which creates heat, retarded timing, or just straight lean? I know it sounds like a stupid question, and your gonna ask what's timing at, what's your AFR reading ect. But idk these things yet as I just bought the car and AFR gauge is not plugged in all the way and don't want to mess with wires. Almost didn't buy it due to that problem which I didn't know about until I got their after my 4 hour drive to get the car, but it he said it's running rich which under my impression it did seem rich which isn't good but a Lil better then lean so I drove it home without any problems. Haven't gotten it to a tuner yet but will asap, was trying to get AFR reading from ultragauge but it just sat their and scanned but never showed anything. Any suggestions as of why this is happening? My guess it's a few things but figured I'd ask. New to tegras, I'm building a SC300 2jzgte and just wanted something to drive with boost until my project is done around summer time. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really diagnose anything until you have it tuned. Nobody has absolutely any idea on what the fuel & ignition setting are at currently, and sounds like it's with tune that's it's currently running off of.
Yeah honestly it could be a few things at this point. But gonna start with the basics get it ready for a tuner and then go from their! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts