Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to turbo my integra Ls. Other than the turbo kit, what is a good fuel pump and injectors? Also what exactly do I do with the ecu ? I’m planning for it.

·
Administrator
4,124 Posts
For your stated goals, a set of ID1000 injectors should suffice, and even leave you room to grow in the future. For a pump, you can go with a Walbro 450 and again, still have some room to grow in the future, without having to upgrade from it.

From an ECU stand point, you'll need any Honda OBD1 ECU from a Civic/Integra, that's been modified to accept a databoard. You can usually find these from places like Hondata, Xenocron Tuning, Neptune, etc. They offer these modified ECU's for sale from their website.

You'll also need to convert the vehicle to OBD1 via a conversion harness

You'll also need a tuning solution, which is the circuit board that plugs into the modified ECU. Again, these come from Hondata, Neptune, etc.

Typical Costs:
Hondata Tuning Solution: $500
OBD1 ECU: $200-$300 (stay away from eBay, FB Marketplace, etc. Purchase from a reputable place)
Conversion Harness: $50-$80
Injectors: $500-$550 (ID1050x version)
Fuel Pump: $100-$110

Although there's plenty more that you'll need besides the turbo kit itself, and the products that you inquired about (clutch, etc.), the above is the basics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that is everything I need + the kit itself? can I use my own ecu? What would I have to get done with it? Chip it or. What exactly with the ecu is being done

·
Administrator
4,124 Posts
So that is everything I need + the kit itself? can I use my own ecu? What would I have to get done with it? Chip it or. What exactly with the ecu is being done
No, you cannot use your ECU. You have an OBD2 vehicle. You need an OBD1 ECU that is chipped to accept the tuning board as stated above.

Additionally, no...that is NOT everything that you need as I clearly stated above at the end: "Although there's plenty more that you'll need besides the turbo kit itself, and the products that you inquired about (clutch, etc.), the above is the basics."

My advice would be to search for people's builds on this site, along with searching for key terms like "turbo kit items" or other creative search phrases so that you can learn and see what is needed, based upon your requirements for your build goals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I think I’m understanding more and more. So buy those injectors and the pump. Along with that Ecu. Then bring it to a tuner to have it chipped. Plus a conversion harness

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I’m in my planning phase at the moment. My transmission is a stock Ls plus the clutch is also the same (stock everything) pretty much. So are these everything I need?

Walbro 150fuel pump
Id1000 injectors
Hondata s300 taken to a tuner to be chipped
Turbo kit
Clutch kit

Is there anything wrong with this list? Or anything else I would need?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Walbro 250.
The tuner will need to tune your car. The car will not run with just a chip.
Clutch for sure. Look to match your torque specs.

Have you considered cams, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, intake manifold. What is the health of your motor?
Have you done a compression check?
I have a turbo LS and it was not easy.

·
Administrator
4,124 Posts
What is the hondata tuning solution for?
You need to be able to have the vehicle tuned....you are aware of that, correct?

Don't take offense to this, but if you're asking a question like this, you have a ton more research to do. All we're doing at this point is spoon-feeding information, and it doesn't sound like you're really interested in researching what you need, and more importantly, why you need it. Again, not trying to be mean, but you may be in over your head here. Doing a turbo setup is not easy, and takes a well researched and thought out approach. Catastrophic results will ensue if you don't know what you're doing.

Members, including myself are here to assist and help, but only after you research. It's when those questions come up after you've researched, where we as members come into play. This site is 20+yrs old, and the amount of information you'll find on this site alone is astounding. From member's builds (including my own), to numerous threads created about anything that you can possibly imagine about the Integra, this site has a ton of information. You just have to search in the search bar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I understand, I’m still trying to figure things out.. I’m doing more and more research on this site. I must say this site is extremely helpful also with loads of info on certain builds. I don’t know much here, but my last question is: do I buy a chip/what chip? So summarized I buy aN Obd1 Ecu, with a conversion harness from obd2 to obd1. Allow it to be chipped by a tuner with the hondata tuning solution I buy. Now injectors. Id1050x and buy a fuel pump walbro 250. Turbo kit. Also is a new clutch important? is the stock one fine? Appreciate the responses! Im a whole novice at this stuff. so I’m just trying to get more and more information here .

·
Administrator
4,124 Posts
Chipped any more is another way of saying "socketed". The ECU that you showed above is "chipped" or "socketed" to accept a tuning board solution, such as the S300.

Yes the clutch is important, and no....not a stock one. It'll slip and not hold with the added power. Look at a "stage 2 or 3" clutch for your vehicle from companies such as Competition Clutch, ACT, Exedy, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts