Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my greddy kit, blue box no tuning yet, put in during the winter and i was wondering what should i expect during the summer. i am in greece and they say the temp get up to 100-105 and humid, should i be worried about my turbo setup/engine getting to hot and causing damage. i have got a greddy intercooler with the kit, that should help but not sure to what degree. also right now my egt runs at about 1100-1200 when cruising at about 85-90, with the heat will it rise to 1400-1600, and wont that be dagerous for my setup?? hope someone can help.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Just make sure that you get the correct insulation and thermal wraps that came with the kit onto the appropriate A/C lines to keep from catching anything on fire.

Make sure you use a turbo timer or let the car idle for about a minute after long runs.

Keep up the maintainence, and make sure your thermostat and coolant levels are in order..

Have fun in the Hot sun.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Also i have a good point to make. If you have a Turbo Timer make sure it is wired up so that the cooling fan stays on with the TT. The first time I had mine wired it wasn't wired so that the coolant fan did not stay on during the timer cycle. REsulting in a waaay overheating engine while at idle. So keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
oil cooler is always an option, to keep your oil cooled at safe levels

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
It shouldnt be an issue. When you're talking about manifold temperatues in the 500-600 degree range and up, the difference between it being 70-100 degrees outside is pretty insignificant.

That being said, an oil cooler doesnt hurt in any turbo setup to deal with the extra heat imparted into the oil and in a non-watercooled floating bearing turbo, a turbo timer is pretty much mandatory if you want it to last.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm taking a trip to florida and I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to do it. Will I overheat

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
integ-guy on Feb/27/04 said:
i got my greddy kit, blue box no tuning yet, put in during the winter and i was wondering what should i expect during the summer. i am in greece and they say the temp get up to 100-105 and humid, should i be worried about my turbo setup/engine getting to hot and causing damage. i have got a greddy intercooler with the kit, that should help but not sure to what degree. also right now my egt runs at about 1100-1200 when cruising at about 85-90, with the heat will it rise to 1400-1600, and wont that be dagerous for my setup?? hope someone can help.
The outside temparture wont effect you're EGT's. 1100-1200 is fine, under full load/high boost I'll hit a steady 1600 with no ill effects.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Long distance driving is ok, as long as you have proper cooling. When you drive you have to take into account the increased air flow to cool your engine down. Also most of the time when I drive long distance I am around 3200 rpm which does not put the turbo at full boost, well at least not my turbo.

flip.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've read some articles about re-routing your rear window washer spray to have it spray on the intercooler itself. would this be a good idea?? is it hard to do??

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
integ-guy on Feb/28/04 said:
i've read some articles about re-routing your rear window washer spray to have it spray on the intercooler itself. would this be a good idea?? is it hard to do??
Yea, more info on this anyone?

·
Registered
328 Posts
i'm going turbo myself and hot summer days has been a concern of mines as well i'm assuming redline water wetter is also something to use to keep things a little cool

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
SHIZZY on Mar/02/04 said:
i'm going turbo myself and hot summer days has been a concern of mines as well i'm assuming redline water wetter is also something to use to keep things a little cool
Yea, i was looking into that too, every little bit helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts