Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For right now i am going to keep the stock injectors and everything, but i am only going to be pushing 6 pounds of boost. But i soon hope to get larger injectors and tune with hondata.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Please realize what you're doing by not having the proper engine management. Your engine isn't used to having air FORCED into it, and without a new computer or any other tuning tools, there will be problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my buddy just did this about a month ago in a 91 ls and if you let it spoul up with stock injectors and factory fuel rail and no tuning i would cry if it was my money. PLEASE reconsider shes gonna spike and blow.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Some times I hate when people on this site tell you that your stuff needs to be changed. Cutting corneres is so much easier and faster, but the saying "doing it right the first time so you dont have to do it again." is totally correct. It so much better to wait, and not spend double the money when you have to rebuild everything and buy the stuff anyways!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
after looking back at my "turbo" experience i think i would of spent less money getting it professionally installed... but hell out of it i learned to swap a motor and uninstall and install a whole turbo kit in 30 minutes.. good look with boost man.. only draw back is if someting goes wrong you won't know what to do

·
Registered
259 Posts
WaveDude_28 on Feb/08/06 said:
Some times I hate when people on this site tell you that your stuff needs to be changed. Cutting corneres is so much easier and faster, but the saying "doing it right the first time so you dont have to do it again." is totally correct. It so much better to wait, and not spend double the money when you have to rebuild everything and buy the stuff anyways!

exactly dude. For the price that you could sell that fmu for, if anyone would actually want it, you could pay for half the price of injectors and a decent tune with some type of "real" engine management. Im not trying to criticize, just help out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I talked to my mechanic and he said that he would tune it to fit my stock engine without any problems. And also if anything goes wrong then i can just bring it back to him and he will take care of the problems. So for now i am just going to run stock, but in a month of two i am going to get bigger injectors, a better fuel pump, and hondata.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not that I think an FMU is a good thing, but the DRAG Gen III kits come with them, and WILL run the car properly. You will need some type of retard for the ignition, but other than that it will just be rich and inefficient. Why is an FMU any different from a richly tuned, 1*/psi retard basemap? The car should run stock out of boost and rich as crap in it, no problem, it will be safe.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Dont run with fmu bro or it will blow. I was gonna run fmu with missing link on my 00 gsr. But decided to convert to obd1 and get it tuned with Crome Pro. Best way to go . Convert to obd1 and get it tuned with uberdata/Crome if you dont have the funds for hondata.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Welcome to the world of huge headaches, I hope you had better luck then I did.

·
Registered
685 Posts
a few years ago everyone was running an fmu. cobra2326 is right by saying it'll work but just be running rich. Theres no real problem with that. If I were you i'd say go for it and just don't push it too hard until you can afford a decent engine management system and some new fuel components. You probably wont need to replace your fuel rail since the stock one will be fine for your app. Good luck!

·
Registered
744 Posts
550cc @ 6psi? I doubt you're looking to push 250+ whp with only 6psi of boost.. so how would 550cc be necessary? I'm about to "upgrade" to 440cc @ 7psi, possibly 8-9psi later on. In other words, you need to read a bit more about fuel injectors and what size you need for what goals you have...

I ran with a Vortech 10:1 FMU and missing link (boost blocker!) with my LS-Turbo setup for almost a year. It ran fine, but I was also boosting at 4psi.

Don't push your car too hard until you get Hondata and bigger injectors... or your motor will do what everyone here seems to want to see. (kablooey)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.