Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dont they already have one? I remember in a magazine where they compared companies that suped up the RSX, and I know Greddy was there...

I dont know much about the RSX scene, so there may not be one, im not doubting your knowledge, though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Super Street, May 2002 covered an HKS turbocharger for the RSX.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just read that forced induction w/ the RSX is going to be pretty tough because the fuel pump is clumped together with some other fuel management equiptment into a one-piece setup. The factory pump would be tough to replace, and unless you're running incredibly low boost, you'll run lean.
That's probably why we don't have anything but prototype turbos yet - that AND the fact that the engine bay is cramped.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rev Hard has been released, there's a groupbuy on groupbuycenter right now. www.clubrsx.com for all your RSX questions.

·
Registered
608 Posts
is the rsx meant to be an N/A tuned car like the ITR which has high compression?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
isn't the exhaust manifold in the back of the engine and the intake in the front? That'd be a biatch to install a turbo on... if there's room that is.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually the set up is more efficient. It allows exhaust to exit more quickely without heating up the entire engine bay. I know one thing about some serious power RSX's, If they don't get an lsd the're wasting time. GSR's have the same problem. Compression isn't always a bad thing. A supercharger will work better on high compression as long as the boost isn't too high. 90% of the turbod cars out there don't need less than 9.0:1.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I think it was SurferX who commented that simply getting the car tuned with Hondata (I believe when it's stock) will give you 20 to 30 horses...

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you have 23K for an rsx and 4K more for a turbo, buy a real sportscar. Heck, add 10K and buy a Z06 for that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just recieved this e-mail from GReddy:

I've heard rumor that you are developing a turbo kit for the RSX. Any news on the subject?

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products. Currently we are still working on different designs, so we do not have any specific information, like construction, power gains, pricing or an expected release date yet. once everything is confirmed and ready to be sold, we will then release all of that info. Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer for more updates. http://greddy.com/dealers/

So looks like GReddy will have one in the near future.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
why would it be 23k and 4k? the 23k is about right, but the turbo would be like 2-3k, i am guessing... but a turbo on a 200hp inline 4 would be tight. that price is about the price of a 350z, but it has huge potential to be faster than that whale of a car, so why not do it, besides it is basically an integra. SO do it

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
rtzx9r on Oct/30/02 said:
If you have 23K for an rsx and 4K more for a turbo, buy a real sportscar. Heck, add 10K and buy a Z06 for that.
Blasphemy!

...wouldn't be as bad if you mentioned the s2000 though.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
theres a turbo type-s in town here and its pretty quick. if a turbo isnt available, just custom build a setup, you might be more impressed because you can choose your combination of parts and turbo size. might be a difficult install with the k20 engine, if it reversed compared to the b18 engine like everyone says...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys like I said in my previous post in this thread - It's more complicated than the whole engine spinning in the opposite direction problem. I'm sure that R&D will come up with a solution eventually, but as of now, I haven't seen much.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the damn thing just came out, give them time, i am sure in japan they have a turbo available already, seen a ton of them in magazines.

·
Registered
385 Posts
dude get a wrx dump like 4 grand in it and it's way faster...and you saved $..if you can live with the ugly looks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts