Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 Integra gsr that is turboed with a turbonetics fmax kit. I am on my 2nd t03/04b turbo and i think it just crapped out. Each turbo lasted about 4 months each. i have good oil pressure and return flow. The only thing my roommate and I can think of is I am running to retarded. I am retarding about .5 degree per pound of boost. What could be killing the turbo? Dose turbonetics just suck??????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what garrett did you go to.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am getting shaft play. and the compresser wheel is making contact with the housing. i will take pics tonight and post them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what is ideal oil pressure

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes they do,but a year is up in april unless the year starts over evey time

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya the guy at turbonitics said my oil pressure is to high. that 40-50 psi is ideal for the turbo. stock tegs run more then that. and this is a kit designed for a teg. i checked my oil pressure and its right where it should be. has any heard of "to much oil pressure?"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks a lot everyone for your help and info

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
These restrictors are not needed in the case of the journal bearing setup due to pressure, especailly while running a -3 feed line that comes with the FMAX kit. Turbonetics is trying to protect itself from some issues right now due to the new distributor of there CHRAs and Comrpessor/exhaust wheels. That CHRA needs that protection of enough oil to float the journal bearing of the turbo. Bottom line, is that Turbonetics quality unfortunately is spiraling downward a bit. Getting the wrong size restrictor will immediately kill that turbo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dose the same apply for ball bearing turbo

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
No. The ball-bearing series is a different scenario. Though most of the CHRAs of the Ball-bearing series already have the restrictor assembly already in the CHRA, if one uses a -4AN or -3AN line, one can be used, BUT it must be ".0035" in diameter for the restrictor!!! Any smaller, and you can kiss the CHRA goodbye. Unlike the Journal bearing turbos, Dual Steel ball-bearings CANNOT be rebuilt.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know it has a fitting on it with a mess screen but i havent looked under the screen to see if it is a restrictor.will look tonight

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got the rma # so turbo is going to be replaced...anyone looking to sale a garrett t3/4

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.