Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new here and I’m trying to figure out what setup to go with for around 300-350 whp. People seem to recommend the Greddy turbo kit because if it’s reliablity and how responsive it is. I’ve looked at there website but I haven’t seen a specific kit for a integra. Also do you guys recommend ls or gsr for turboing. And is there any supporting mods that will have to be done. Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
Stick with a known, reputable brand turbo. Doesn't have to be Greddy. I have been using Precission turbo with zero issues. Either GSR or LS engines would handle 350whp. At this power level, you may need ARP head studs. You may look into installing forged pistons and rods. However, to reach your power goal, you may get away with the stock ones, from what I hear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but when I went to greddys website they didn’t have a option that said anything about a integra can anyone help me figure out the one from Greddy that I should be looking at.

·
Registered
689 Posts
All turbos supposed to be HP rated by the manufacturer. If your goal is 350whp, your bhp is about 400. You want to run turbo at about 80% efficiency. If 80%=400bhp than 100%=x. Hence 400bhp x 100% divide by 80% equals 500bhp. So, ask the manufacturer which turbine of theirs is rated for around 500hp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A good and cheap journal bearing turbo I had good success with at that power level is a Garrett 50 trim. Spools very fast and wont be out of steam at that power level. I made up to 400 with that turbo but I'd say it was the upper-safe limit for that turbo.

Depending on what your budget is, buying used stuff can be a great option. Granted, lots of the time you need to piece those together. If you aren't sure about what components you need to make a full kit just let me know and I can share details with you.

Here are a few tips from a guy that has had like 6 turbo setups:
-I'd recommend a 3" downpipe and exhaust
-If you can swing the cost, ID 1000 injectors are a great fit
-Neptune RTP is a great alternative to Hondata if you are looking to save a few bucks
-I would consider head studs at that power. Building the lower-half of the engine wouldn't hurt either (h beam rods, forged pistons)

Let me know if you have questions, I was in your same boat a long time ago. First turbo setup made 160hp, now I'm near 800.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Personally, I would do more research when it comes to turbo charging your vehicle.

People can give you recommendations on setups all day long but it’s not going to matter if it doesn’t align with your goals.

300-350whp is just one aspect of that. What about driveability? What about turbo response time, does that matter? Do you want room to upgrade later? Are you looking for the bare minimum? Do you have a budget?

Does it have to be off the shelf or are you OK piecing it together yourself? Do you know what fuel requirements you need? Have you compression/leak tested your engine?

There are so many outliers and YOU need to be happy about it at the end of the day.

The information is on this forum, just do a quick search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts