Team Integra Forums banner

Turbo DC vs turbo Rsx type s

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Danny50 
#1 ·
I am facing a dilemma. I have researched for over a year now, and I know what I want to achieve, but I just don't know which car to choose. I figure for 18k as a rough estimate, I can get a mint dc gsr, build the motor, turbo it and get it tuned. Or I can spend that 18k and get an 05-06 type s, and then pay it off before I turbo it. What are you guys` opinions on this? Parts are cheaper to come by for a bseries, and there are a lot more of them out there. But finding what I want, which is a mint gsr, will be a lot harder than finding an 05-06 rsx, since they are only a few years old. I'm not sure what to do, but I have all winter to think about it. Any opinions would help a lot. I'm not looking to start a bseries vs kseries fight, I just want to hear from others. I am sure there have been many people in my position before. Thanks

#3 ·
I think that you should go with a GSR just because I think it looks better than an RSX. Also x2 to what Dan said.

I however would say if you wanted to be different, then go with the RSX. Also when you get that car you can hold onto it longer because it'll only have a few thousand (hopefully) miles on it. And it's newer which means you get some added bonuses IMO. Good luck with the search though.

#6 ·
ok man if u buy an rsx type s for like 18 thats what u get. or u can find a good quality gsr for sale for what 5-6 k guys it really depends on how lucky u get. so ur talkin bout 10k in price thats alotta dough to have left man. i got my gsr for 4k with 107 on the clock and now its at 114 or so and its really nice never breaks down, its now 2toned and doin some mods man, go gsr

#7 ·
I'm probably asking for the moon, but this is my ideal car. It would be a bone stock 94-01 DC with under 50k on it, and bone stock... I can't imagine any dc 94-97 having that few miles, so I'm thinking 98+. I personally like the 94-97 front more, anyhow. I am not worried about mileage on the motor, as it would be built. I am worried about the chassis. Integras seem to get that annoying rattle after around 100k, plus the rust, since I live in MN. I am going to look all over the country come spring, for my perfect car. I know a k20 will make more power than a b18, but a b18 is so much cheaper and easier to work with. If I had 50k in the bank, it'd be an easy answer. But few people have 50k in the bank lol...... Another thing I like about the rsx is that they are stolen FAR less frequently. But next year I'll have a house and a garage, so it won't be that big of an issue.

#8 ·
For the cash it would be better to use a base ls as a platform and work up, but I guess that's not your question. My recommendation is do the type s, they're a little nicer than the gsr and much sexier on the interior. But I love my gsr, so I'm torn too. Um, final answer...type s

#9 ·
I have a '00 GSR @ 50k original miles. It's in really good shape, I'm not sure if you have a preference on the year, but I might sell it...given a good price.

Anyhow, it would be cheaper to go the GSR route. You can always find parts you're looking for. However, the 05-06 rsx looks extremely hott, IMO. Hmm, it would be a hard choice - but with 18k, you can build a pretty quick gsr.

#10 ·
Always8krpm on Sep/30/07 said:
For the cash it would be better to use a base ls as a platform and work up, but I guess that's not your question. My recommendation is do the type s, they're a little nicer than the gsr and much sexier on the interior. But I love my gsr, so I'm torn too. Um, final answer...type s
or...a base rs isn't such a bad idea either.

#11 ·
ok remember to things u like the 94-97 better and emission is obd2 only so at that note man stay those years, miles wont matter ur buiding ur **** anyway. and u can easily make a gsr a sexy interior man, im doin jdm style ot a point but its my preferance. rsx is nice but hes got that and thats all so he wouldnt be modding it. id say build and boost u a ls or gsr

#17 ·
You really should look at the 02-04 DC5 so as if you do go that route you don't have to buy an 02-04 ecu for K-Pro, plus they are a few thousand less. I would personally do the K, as it is a lot stronger motor and you can get insane amounts of power out of them turbocharged stock block and still be reliable!

#19 ·
a used s2k for 14k will most likely not be in good shape. Plus I'm not really an s2k fan. I like looking at them but wouldn't really want to own one. It's hard because there are a bunch of things that the rsx does better than a dc, and vice versa. Money wise, the dc is the obvious favorite. I have all winter tho, thankfully. If I could find a dc with very low mileage and in mint condition, that would make the decision much easier. But we'll see..... If only they re-issued a 98+ spec integra I'd be all set! Lol

#21 ·
a G3 insurance is cheaper than a G4? in which world? for your info a 01 Integra GSR (G3) is more expensive to insure that a 02 RSX Type S. insurance cost is not only based on age of Vehiclebut also tons of othe factors. likely hood of being in a collision. likelyhood of being stolen. # of air bags. cost of replacement parts. age and gender of driver. address of insuree. B4 u guys make your opinions fact, do research. A 94 GSR maybe cheaper to insure than the typical RSX type S generally. but the G3 spanned an usual 94 - 01. predicting insurance rates for that wide range (8yrs) is difficult to compare

#22 ·
I really don't see many boosted rsx-s. Usually they go i/h/e/hondata route and run in the low 14's-high 13's (pretty quick). To get a turbo kit/tune/clutch/car is probably going to run you close to 10 grand (if not more). A gsr with bolt on's is a good start for a street car. Personally, I would suggest the gsr over the rsx-s. In my opinion the gsr looks better, sounds better, and handles better. If this is going to be your first car, I would get used to the stock performance before doubling the horsepower/torque.

#26 ·
I would stick with the B series. There is much better aftermarket support, parts are cheaper, and after you build the motor, its really not going to matter. They will both hold up to some serious abuse. Not to mention the B series motors have more/better tranny options

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.