Team Integra Forums banner

turbo cost for a LS?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  TurboLS 
#1 ·
How much is a good turbo gonna cost for a LS? what normally comes in a turbo "kit" other than the turbo?
thanx 4 the help

#2 ·
the pre fabricated turbo kits usually run at 4,000. they come with a wastegate, a blow off valve,a intercooler and its piping,exhaust manifold the oil lines and vacuum hoses. am i forgeting anything ppl. you cud always make a custom turbo kit which is much cheaper hope this helped mike

#3 ·
joseb11 on Sep/07/02 said:
the pre fabricated turbo kits usually run at 4,000. they come with a wastegate, a blow off valve,a intercooler and its piping,exhaust manifold the oil lines and vacuum hoses. am i forgeting anything ppl. you cud always make a custom turbo kit which is much cheaper hope this helped mike
not hardly 4k

the drag 3 can be had for like 2500-2800 on good deals...

#5 ·
I can get you get you a drag kit if you you'd like one or an fmax!!! Drag's like $2800 plus shipping Fmax is more

#8 ·
While I don't know much about the turbo kit itself, you need to prep the whole car in general, especially if you up the boost.

After the whole package of the turbo kit, you will have to set up a budget for the following: fuel management, engine internal to support high boost, suspension components, brake components, and your drivetrain.

I see most turbo kits on the market for around $3K. After the turbo, most likely you will have alot of non-turbo related upgrades you will have to work on, so set aside a fair budget for your project and have fun.

#10 ·
you might want to upgrade the oil pump to a type r or after market pump for the turbo, and depending on the miles make sure things like water pump, etc. are taken care before you go boosting your car. im in the same boat, i just need to get some piping and a waste gate. good luck man!!!

#12 ·
are drag 3 turbos legal in cali?and how much cheaper would it be for me to custom build a turbo kit?what is the best premade turbo kit on the market?

#15 ·
Nah man, it's good to get info from a variety of reputable sources to determine which parts and setups are truly effective. Merely going to one of the sites is only a start. I would still suggest checking with local shops and also asking more in depth questions about the specifics of your desired setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.