Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together a "program" in excel that determines turbo performance calculations based on engine parameters.

If you input a horsepower goal along with various engine/turbo setup parameters, the spreadsheet will output calculations such as pressure ratio, boost, and mass flow. With this data, you can go to a compressor map and determine if that compressor is appropriate for your desired setup.

DOWNLOAD (right click and save as)

Compressor Maps

Keep in mind that I put this together just last night and part of today so there is more to be desired but it seems to do its job.

I had to guess suggested values for some of the parameters such as BSFC and pressure drops but it seems to work.

I'm running 8psi of boost and the spreadsheet calculated 9 psi of boost required for my horsepower output.

This is by no means an accurate simulation. Just a "well-educated guess".

BTW...some people relate the pressure ratio directly to boost and use a conversion factor. This is incorrect. As you'll see the compressor outputs a higher pressure than is seen at the intake manifold. It is the compressor output that is used to calculate the pressure ratio, not the MAP.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm finding that the VE% plays large role in the output.

I've heard that VE% for the B18c peaks in the range of 102-110%.This is speculation.

However, I have found the following...

S2000....112%VE
H22.......102%VE

The higher the VE for a given engine, the less boost required to meet a desired horsepower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.