Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i've got a 94 GSR block that was turbo'd and i'm assuming is running mostly stock internals, just a few things wrong with her.

1. I know it has bigger fuel injectors in it, but I don't know what the flow is.

2. The ecu is hondata chipped and the guy said it was uberchipped too. (no idea)

3. And it needs new piston rings. (I know people who would do the work, that's not an issue)

So what I need help on is weither I should get new oem parts or go aftermarket, I haven't been into imports that long so I don't really know how much this stuff cost. The motor isn't FI now and runs like sloppy ass. I'm hoping that it's just the tuning and nothing else.

·
Registered
191 Posts
well, if you are sure that the compression test which was done on your motor had numbers indicating good compression, then imo piston ring replacement is not needed...But to get back to your original reason for starting this thread, yes, imo your tune-which was turbocharged orientated is playing a factor as to why your car is running less than optimal as an N/A engine.

Firstly, you should find out for certain whether or not it is chipped however. The seller is questionable IMO- case in point, the piston ring recommendation.

"His turbo was eating oil". Does that mean that the turbo was leaking? Does the engine have a catch can? A turbo scenario could be the crankcase was just pressurized too much and leading to oil being shot up through to the manifold, to the compression chamber and then out the exhaust. Which when you have a turbo no longer really is a problem.

Does the engine continue to consume large quantities of oil?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Tuning system is uberdata which is fine for a freeware..

Injectors should say what they are right on them, just take a close peep at them!

Get the numbers from the compression test and we can tell you if they need to be replaced!

Hopefully its not that! rings can get pricey since the whole motor has to come apart!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you find out if the motor has aftermarket internals. That could be a reason that the car feels slow and or is burning oil. If the compression was lowered for the sake of the turbo, then the turbo was removed, the car will definately feel like a dog. Compounded by a map (tuning) that was designed for increased airflow and now is not receiving it anymore, can you say, "I'm running a little rich!!!" Anywho, like others said, check the compression first, possibly a leakdown next, if there is a compression problem, in order to pinpoint the issue. If the motor does have an issue and needs internal work done, you have to tell us what your goals are for the car. NA or Turbo, reasonable whp expectations/track times, and how much money you have to work with. Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I would hope that the compression ratio was not lowered on a non vtec engine....or even a vtec engine...still don't get why people do that.

If you took the turbo off and you are still on the turbo tune, of course the car is going to run like ass.

Honestly, if you aren't sure what is inside the engine, or of turbos themselves, it was a huge mistake buying that car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.