Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am currently looking to go higher boost as well as increasing compression on my GSR. I live in Thunder Bay, ontario and we dont have any good tuning facilities here. Can you guys let me in on some reputable shops in MN, preferably in the Minneapolis/duluth area but all shops will be taken into consiteration. Thanks!
Neema

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
RS Motors Hands Down!
I take my teg there for all the extensive tunning!
They have a Mustang Dyno with Wide Band O2 and pretty much all the program for imports and domestic!
very knowledgeable and friendly!
my dyno numbers on this is about 170WHP! which is about 190-195 on the dynojet!
Can't wait to put the jdm ITR header on and get it tuned for highend!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes Im pretty aware of it. I will also address those issues. I just need somewhere reputable for dyno tuning. Everyone agree on RS motors? How is Elite Motersports or whatever its called?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
well, I can put it this way:
if a number is big deal to you, go ahead and get it tuned at elite! I believe they have dynojet??
if you want acutal closer numbers that are to the wheel, and dont mind being disapointed by your WHP #'s go to RS motors. Mostly, do your search between these two dyno's before you make your decision! link(click here/go to bottom)
to my knowledge, both places are pretty reputable for tunning imports! Just that most AWD imports go to RS!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks everyone...do you guys know how much elite charges for dyno tuning per hour, because their site seems to be down. I could call but why not save the long distance if you guys know.

·
Registered
926 Posts
i like both RSMOTORS and Elite Autosport. But honestly I trust Elite more with my car since they have been in the business longer and they've proven themselves competitive by building their own 10-12 second street cars.

also, just not jump to conclusions but a DynoJet is a lot more accurate than 'MustangDynos'. once you get your numbers you'll just have to do a simple equation to get your corrected WHP that include weight, drag, etc.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea thats fair enough. I am looking to do a 11.5:1 compression ratio with 9 psi. I am doing this with a jrsc and plan on doing the LHT intercooler. I am currently running the stock 6 psi on 10:1 compression. It seems as though their site is up again thanks.

·
Registered
926 Posts
wow, i wouldn't do 11.5:1 on a jackson charger. that sucker runs so hot especially in the summer time. i do hope you have a water injection system with that system if you plan on running that much boost with that compression and charger.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
water injection has been proven to not help with any power and only reduce the IAT about 7 degrees... so, if i were you, i would listen to Sherman and not do 11.5:1 at all. the jackson is a very inefficient charger because of its heatsoak.

·
Registered
628 Posts
pubestripe on Jan/29/06 said:
water injection has been proven to not help with any power and only reduce the IAT about 7 degrees... so, if i were you, i would listen to Sherman and not do 11.5:1 at all. the jackson is a very inefficient charger because of its heatsoak.
teh datalogging this guy did showed temp drops of ~150F.

http://www.key-ideas.com/2ndWaterInjection.htm

but that's not even really the point of WI- the point of it i to absorb heat INSIDE the combustion chamber to reduce temps and prevent detonation. it quenches hotspots in the cylinder and lowers temps quite a bit there. in that respect it's far more effective than any intercooler ever will be simply because it acts inside the engine where the IC can't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.